Bulgarian Shepherd Dog of PM Borisov Declared World Champion
Prime Minister Boyko Borisov's dog, Lazar, became world champion in the Bulgarian Shepherd Dog breed.
Borisov's dog won the title at the finals of the World Cup Dog Show which takes place in Bulgaria for the first time, according to the press office of the Plovdiv International Fair, which hosts the event.
4-year-old Lazar has already won international competitions in Spain, Moldova, Ukraine, Belarus, and Latvia.
"He reached the finals with a score of over 30 points and he was one of the strongest contenders for the world title," the statement of the Plovdiv International Fair says.
A total of 220 elite dogs from 11 countries are taking part in the competition at the Plovdiv International Fair which has been selected to host the prestigious race for five years.
The event is organized by the Allianz Canine Worldwide and the Bulgarian Republican Federation of Cynology on October 27 – 28, 2012.
The jury includes judges from Belgium, Bulgaria, Spain, Latvia, and Russia.
"On the first day, the world champions in 20 breeds were announced," said Avram Petkov, Chair of the Bulgarian Republican Federation of Cynology.
"There are many breeds of dogs, including Great Dane, Pomeranian, Moscow Watchdog, Pug, German Shepherd, Labrador, Chinese Crested Dog, Bulgarian Shepherd Dog, Bulgarian Coarse-Haired Hound, Bulgarian Ludogorian Hound, Stafford," Petkov explained.
- » Excavations Unveil One of Five Most Important Temples for Bulgarian Archaeology
- » Sofia Gallery to Host Major Christo / Jeanne-Claude Exhibition for 1st Time
- » Enrique Iglesias to Hold First Individual Concert in Bulgaria on December 14
- » Bulgarian Invents Watch Capable of Translating Words in Two Seconds
- » England-to-Turkey Flight Diverts to Sofia Due to ‘Allegedly Drunk Passenger’
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover Ancient Town Hall near Petrich