WHO IS WHO: Bulgaria's New Economy Minister Traicho Traikov
The 39-year-old Traicho Traikov will be in charge of the Ministry of Economy, Energy, and Tourism in the government of the GERB party.
Traykov was born in Sofia, and is a graduate of one of the top Bulgarian high schools - the First English Language School in Sofia.
Later he earned a degree in international economic relations from the University for National and World Economy in Sofia. He has specialized in financial analysis and management in Austria and Germany, and has worked as a consultant on mergers and buyouts.
In 2006, he joined the team of EVN Bulgaria, which owns the electricity distribution companies in Plovdiv and Stara Zagora, as a procurist (legal adviser).
Traykov's appointment is construed by many as a sign that the GERB government wants to demonstrate its capacity to promote young and highly qualified, though publicly unknown specialists.
- » Internet Site Launched to Help Bulgarian Voters Abroad
- » Bulgaria Supreme Court Postpones Striking Turkey Election Results
- » Bulgarian US, Turkey Ambassadors to Explain Election Violations
- » Bulgaria Ruling GERB Increases Lead ahead of Socialists - Survey
- » Bulgaria Prosecutors Find Violations in Turkey Election Sections
- » Serious Violations Found in Bulgarian Foreign Election Sections