Bulgaria To Review Citizenship Procedure
Bulgaria will reconsider the procedure for granting of citizenship to foreign nationals with Bulgarian origin.
“We shall not take measures aimed at particular Bulgarian communities in one country or another”, said Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin. “But since problems in this regard arose, and not for the first time, Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and I have agreed to set up an expert group and review the current procedure.”
According to Vigenin, the complicated procedure created additional tension in some countries – the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in particular.
“One hand we must guarantee that people of Bulgarian origin who want to get a Bulgarian citizenship won't be turned away, but on the other, we must guarantee, that there will be no abuse.”
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Host Prestigious Wine Contest in 2016
- » Bulgaria Police Arrest Car Driver Who Ran over Child and Fled
- » Driver Runs Over Child in Bulgaria's Burgas, Flees Crime Scene
- » Bomb Threats Cause Evacuation of Two Malls in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
- » Bulgaria Marks 1150th Anniversary of Conversion to Christianity
- » Bulgaria Midwife Who Wounded Baby Regularly Worked 24 Hours On Duty