Bulgaria To Review Citizenship Procedure
Bulgaria will reconsider the procedure for granting of citizenship to foreign nationals with Bulgarian origin.
“We shall not take measures aimed at particular Bulgarian communities in one country or another”, said Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin. “But since problems in this regard arose, and not for the first time, Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and I have agreed to set up an expert group and review the current procedure.”
According to Vigenin, the complicated procedure created additional tension in some countries – the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in particular.
“One hand we must guarantee that people of Bulgarian origin who want to get a Bulgarian citizenship won't be turned away, but on the other, we must guarantee, that there will be no abuse.”
- » Alexander Nevsky Cathedral to Remain Open All Night on Sunday
- » Bulgarian Police Estimate 20 000 Drivers Have No Licenses
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 140 Years Since April Uprising
- » Bulgarians Celebrate Orthodox Easter
- » Heavy Traffic Across Bulgaria Set to Continue on Good Friday
- » Heavy Traffic Across Bulgaria as People Embark on Trips for Easter