Bulgaria To Review Citizenship Procedure
Bulgaria will reconsider the procedure for granting of citizenship to foreign nationals with Bulgarian origin.
“We shall not take measures aimed at particular Bulgarian communities in one country or another”, said Bulgaria's Foreign Minister Kristian Vigenin. “But since problems in this regard arose, and not for the first time, Prime Minister Plamen Oresharski and I have agreed to set up an expert group and review the current procedure.”
According to Vigenin, the complicated procedure created additional tension in some countries – the Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia in particular.
“One hand we must guarantee that people of Bulgarian origin who want to get a Bulgarian citizenship won't be turned away, but on the other, we must guarantee, that there will be no abuse.”
- » Plovdiv to Host 56th National Archaeological Conference
- » Foreign Students of Bulgaria Descent with Access to Bulgarian Universities
- » Emergency hospital Pirogov to Receive as Donation First Ambulance for Newborns and Children in Bulgaria
- » Today it Will be Mostly Sunny with Maximum Temperatures 20°-25°
- » Sofia Hosts World Congress in Viticulture and Winemaking
- » 4 People Dead, 15 Injured in Road Accidents During the Past Day