Supreme Court Upholds Suspended Sentence for Ex Sofia Prosecutor
Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) has upheld the one-year suspended sentence with 3 months of probation of Slavcho Karzhev, former head of the Sofia Regional Prosecutor's Office.
Karzhev was charged with malfeasance in office and was declared guilty by the courts of first and second instance, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
He was accused of pressuring Petyo Petrov, his subordinate, into returning a vehicle which had been the subject of an ownership dispute.
Karzhev was acquitted on charges of exceeding his authority as regional prosecutor on two occasions, persuading the parties to civil actions to reach plea agreement.
The decision of VKS is final and cannot be appealed.
- » Detained Imam Ahmed Musa 'Dreamed Bulgaria Could Wave IS Flag'
- » Bulgaria Charges Seven with Promoting Islamic State, Propagating War
- » Pazardzhik Imam Charged With Membership of War-Propagating Group
- » Five Detained in Pazardzhik Released, Imam Remains Under Arrest
- » Bulgaria Nationalist Leader Volen Siderov Gives Up Immunity
- » Lebanese Police Arrests 'Dangerous' Bulgarian Drug Expert