Supreme Court Upholds Suspended Sentence for Ex Sofia Prosecutor
Bulgaria's Supreme Court of Cassation (VKS) has upheld the one-year suspended sentence with 3 months of probation of Slavcho Karzhev, former head of the Sofia Regional Prosecutor's Office.
Karzhev was charged with malfeasance in office and was declared guilty by the courts of first and second instance, according to reports of private TV station bTV.
He was accused of pressuring Petyo Petrov, his subordinate, into returning a vehicle which had been the subject of an ownership dispute.
Karzhev was acquitted on charges of exceeding his authority as regional prosecutor on two occasions, persuading the parties to civil actions to reach plea agreement.
The decision of VKS is final and cannot be appealed.
- » Man Shot Dead in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Foreign National Finds Dead Body Near Bulgaria's Vidin
- » Czech Shooting ‘Not Terrorist Attack’, Interior Minister Chovanec Says
- » At Least Nine People Killed After Shooting in Czech Republic
- » European Court of Human Rights Rules against Bulgaria in 2 Cases
- » Bulgarian Customs Seize 8.7 Kg Heroin in Kosovo-Bound Car