Sofia To Have 100 km New Bike Paths
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will have 100 km of new bike paths by the end of 2015.
Thus the city will have a total of 140 km of bike paths.
The new facilities will be built along the renovated main boulevards, as a part of the city hall's policy to encourage bicycle transport.
Currently Sofia is far from bicycle friendly and sometimes outright dangerous. The existing bicycle infrastructure is patchy, the automobile traffic is intensive and drivers and pedestrians are often intolerant. Many of the existing bike paths are crossing large intersections via nearly bicycle inaccessible underpasses and large portions of the city don't have bike path connections to the center.
- » 10 Bulgarian Artists Worth to Follow on Instagram
- » Stephen Hawking: The Earth will Become as Hot as Venus
- » Traffic Along the Main Road Plovdiv-Assenovgrad is Difficult Due to Car Crash After Reckless Overtaking Manoeuvre
- » The Biggest Bulgarian Wedding will Apply for the Guinness Book of Records
- » New Project Offers Free Consultations to Bulgarian Workers in Germany
- » Long-Term Vision for the Development of Sofia to Become Clear in the Fall of 2018