Sofia To Have 100 km New Bike Paths
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will have 100 km of new bike paths by the end of 2015.
Thus the city will have a total of 140 km of bike paths.
The new facilities will be built along the renovated main boulevards, as a part of the city hall's policy to encourage bicycle transport.
Currently Sofia is far from bicycle friendly and sometimes outright dangerous. The existing bicycle infrastructure is patchy, the automobile traffic is intensive and drivers and pedestrians are often intolerant. Many of the existing bike paths are crossing large intersections via nearly bicycle inaccessible underpasses and large portions of the city don't have bike path connections to the center.
- » Bulgaria to Host International Astronomy Olympiad in 2015
- » Bulgaria Dropped 20 Positions in World Press Freedom Index in 2 Years
- » Bulgarians Are Among People Who Hate Their Government
- » Bulgaria Sets 2015 Poverty Line At BGN 286
- » Code Red For High River Waters In Western, Central Bulgaria Issued
- » Environment Ministry Warns of Heavy Downpours Throughout Bulgaria