Sofia To Have 100 km New Bike Paths
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will have 100 km of new bike paths by the end of 2015.
Thus the city will have a total of 140 km of bike paths.
The new facilities will be built along the renovated main boulevards, as a part of the city hall's policy to encourage bicycle transport.
Currently Sofia is far from bicycle friendly and sometimes outright dangerous. The existing bicycle infrastructure is patchy, the automobile traffic is intensive and drivers and pedestrians are often intolerant. Many of the existing bike paths are crossing large intersections via nearly bicycle inaccessible underpasses and large portions of the city don't have bike path connections to the center.
- » Bulgarian Union of Banat Leader Nikolai Mirkovic Passes Away
- » Bulgarian PM, Azerbaijan's First Lady Unveil Renovated Historical Site
- » 10% of Sofia Univeristy Places Remain Vacant After Third-Round Admission
- » Free-of-Charge Entry to Sofia Municipal Museums on September 22
- » Der Standard: Antiquities Traders Have Little to Fear of Bulgarian Authorities
- » Exhibition of Pulitzer-Winning Bulgarian Photographer Opens in Sofia