Sofia To Have 100 km New Bike Paths
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will have 100 km of new bike paths by the end of 2015.
Thus the city will have a total of 140 km of bike paths.
The new facilities will be built along the renovated main boulevards, as a part of the city hall's policy to encourage bicycle transport.
Currently Sofia is far from bicycle friendly and sometimes outright dangerous. The existing bicycle infrastructure is patchy, the automobile traffic is intensive and drivers and pedestrians are often intolerant. Many of the existing bike paths are crossing large intersections via nearly bicycle inaccessible underpasses and large portions of the city don't have bike path connections to the center.
- » Bulgaria Beefs Up Police Presence to Enforce Traffic Rules
- » Bulgaria's MPs Fined BGN 660 K For Non-Attendance
- » Salaries in Bulgarian Healthcare 'Guaranteed Until December'
- » Bulgaria’s Population Shrinks Further
- » Unemployment Rate in Bulgaria Reaches 11.3% in 2013
- » Bulgarian Scientists Prove Beer to Be as Healthy as Fruits