Sofia To Have 100 km New Bike Paths
Bulgaria's capital Sofia will have 100 km of new bike paths by the end of 2015.
Thus the city will have a total of 140 km of bike paths.
The new facilities will be built along the renovated main boulevards, as a part of the city hall's policy to encourage bicycle transport.
Currently Sofia is far from bicycle friendly and sometimes outright dangerous. The existing bicycle infrastructure is patchy, the automobile traffic is intensive and drivers and pedestrians are often intolerant. Many of the existing bike paths are crossing large intersections via nearly bicycle inaccessible underpasses and large portions of the city don't have bike path connections to the center.
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN
- » Thracian Treasures Return to Bulgaria After Exhibition in Louvre
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak