Bulgaria To Spend EUR 1.8 B For Nature Conservation
Bulgaria will spend EUR 1.8 B by 2020 for protecting the European ecological network Natura 2000.
The sum is set in the National priority framework for Natura 2000, presented by the Ministry of Environment and Waters on Thursday.
The measures include monitoring, ecological infrastructure, management plans for protected areas, stimuli for the development of “green business”, ecotourism, trainings and compensations for owners whose land is in the Natura 2000 network.
The environmental measures will be financed by various EU operative programmes, Bulgaria's state budget and funds from Switzerland and Norway.
- » Code Yellow Alert Issued in Bulgaria over Heavy Downpours
- » Bulgaria Gives Green Light to Archaeological Research by Greek Ship Aegaeo
- » Sofia Boasts First Grass-Covered Tram Tracks
- » Code Orange Alert Issued for Bulgaria on Monday over Rain, Thunderstorms
- » Large Areas of Bulgaria at Risk of Wildifires on Sunday
- » Life as Seen through the Eyes of 2 Egyptian Vultures