Bulgaria To Spend EUR 1.8 B For Nature Conservation
Bulgaria will spend EUR 1.8 B by 2020 for protecting the European ecological network Natura 2000.
The sum is set in the National priority framework for Natura 2000, presented by the Ministry of Environment and Waters on Thursday.
The measures include monitoring, ecological infrastructure, management plans for protected areas, stimuli for the development of “green business”, ecotourism, trainings and compensations for owners whose land is in the Natura 2000 network.
The environmental measures will be financed by various EU operative programmes, Bulgaria's state budget and funds from Switzerland and Norway.
- » Pazardzhik Landfill Poses Danger of Road Accidents
- » Bulgaria's Environment Minister Calls for Imposing Stricter Fines on Oil Spills
- » Southern Bulgaria Submerged in Floods Caused by Torrential Rains
- » Pope's Climate Change Encyclical Leaves Politicians, Businesses Divided
- » Thunderstorms, Possible Hails Expected Across Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria to Set Up 6 Regional Centers for Crisis, Disaster Management