Bulgaria Commemorates 71 Years of Rescue of Jews
The 71th anniversary of the rescue of Bulgaria's Jews in WWII was commemorated with a solemn ceremony near the memorial sign in Bulgarian capital Sofia Monday.
The ceremony was attended by the Parliament speaker Mihail Mikov, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova, official representatives of the Jewish community in Bulgaria, members of Parliament, among others.
"Let us bow down and remember that every person must have the strength and will to resist when freedom and democracy are at stake, to stand up for the original values, which Bulgaria's Constitution and traditions have long established," Mikov told at the ceremony, BGNES reports.
- » Code Yellow Declared for All of Bulgaria for Saturday
- » Sofia Ethnographic Museum To Present Surva, Vasilitsa
- » Fresh Snow Catches Bulgaria Off-Guard
- » Greece Halts Trucks from Bulgaria over Bad Weather
- » Code Yellow in Most of Bulgaria over Snow, Road Ice
- » Bulgaria's Handover of Gulenist to Turkey 'Unlawful' - Amnesty