Bulgaria Commemorates 71 Years of Rescue of Jews
The 71th anniversary of the rescue of Bulgaria's Jews in WWII was commemorated with a solemn ceremony near the memorial sign in Bulgarian capital Sofia Monday.
The ceremony was attended by the Parliament speaker Mihail Mikov, Interior Minister Tsvetlin Yovchev, Sofia mayor Yordanka Fandakova, official representatives of the Jewish community in Bulgaria, members of Parliament, among others.
"Let us bow down and remember that every person must have the strength and will to resist when freedom and democracy are at stake, to stand up for the original values, which Bulgaria's Constitution and traditions have long established," Mikov told at the ceremony, BGNES reports.
- » Good Weather over the Weekend, Next Week Begins with Snow
- » 12 Thousand Bulgarians Live and Work in Portugal
- » House is Assembled For Only 6 Hours (video)
- » A 7th Grader from Burgas Attempted Suicide in a School Bathroom
- » University Oncological Hospital Forms Groups for Psycho-emotional Support
- » Uber to Partner with Mahindra For Electric Vehicles in India