Bulgaria's Agriculture Ministry To Set Up Farmers' Markets
A project of Bulgaria's Agriculture Ministry will organise and oversee the opening of 15 farmers' markets across the country.
At those markets small producers will be able to sell their products – meat, milk, eggs, cheese, honey and processed foods – straight to the end consumers.
The current severe requirements for the small farms who want to sell their products directly to the consumers will be reduced, but food safety will nevertheless be strictly monitored, according to the Ministry.
It is expected that the prices at those markets will be lower, since the middlemen will be cut from the supply chain.
Currently there is a farmers' market each Saturday at the “Rimskata Stena” market in Sofia. It is being organised by the Hrancoop Sofia.
- » Coming Soon The New Book of Peika.bg: "Mystical Walks Around Bulgaria for Extraordinary Travelers!"
- » Bulgaria in the Top 5 in the EU on Export Growth for the Period January-September
- » EP's Tajani Had Talks with Bulgaria's PM Boyko Borissov
- » Bulgarian Companies have a Chance to Participate in the Construction of the New Hungarian NPP
- » The US Government is Blocking the Mega-deal for Time Warner
- » Britain has Allowed the Tests of Autonomous Cars