Major Russian Tour Operators to Enter Bulgarian Market
Two of the largest Russian tour operators will enter Bulgaria's summer resorts, in response to the increasing interest in vacations at the Black Sea.
Coral Travel and Pegas Touristik are planning chartered flights to the seaside cities of Varna and Burgas, vacations in the larger summer resorts and additional excursions to nearby cultural attractions.
In the summer 2013, the Russian tourists in Bulgaria increased their share to 13.5% of all foreign tourists who visited the country.
Coral Travel is already selling winter vacations in Bansko, Borovets and Pamporovo and is expanding its offer with the seaside resorts Sunny Beach, Golden Sands, Albena and the town of Sozopol.
Pegas Touristik has already opened the early bookings for summer vacations in Bulgaria and chartered flights from 16 Russian cities to Varna and Burgas. The company will be bringing tourists to the resorts Golden Sands, Sunny Beach, St. Constantine and Helena and the towns Nessebar, Pomorie, Obzor.
- » Arrivals of Foreign Visitors to Bulgaria Up in April
- » Royal Clipper Arrives in Bulgaria’s Varna Port
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Decrease 4.8% Y/Y in Q1 2016
- » Wiz Air Adds Three New Destinations from Sofia in December
- » Bulgaria Registered 15 % Increase in Number of Foreign Visitors During Easter Holiday
- » Early Bookings Show More Tourists Planning Holiday in Bulgaria This Summer
They have their own Black Sea coast, why travel to BG? BG is just overrun with obnoxious Russians who visit and also, too many of them own property in BG in my opinion. They seem to think that it is their "Little Russia". I don't understand why they travel to BG time and time again, instead of other countries where they can experience something different. Not very adventurous are the Nyetskis are they? Or perhaps just alittle too comfortable in "their" Little Russia.