Bulgarian President's PR Gets Dreaded 'Skunk' Award
Maria Ivanova, the Press Secretary of Bulgarian President, Rosen Plevneliev, has received the unflattering "Golden Skunk" award.
The mocking award is given out by the popular TV show "Lords of the Air" in recognition of a particularly stinking affair, as suggested by the little and smelly black-and-white striped mammal it has been named after.
Ivanova received the "Golden Skunk" award for the visual blunder in Plevneliev's first New Year's address that raised a stir among the Bulgarian public.
During the address, as Plevneliev spoke about "unique Bulgarian nature," a picture showing a mountain near the resort of Aspen, Colorado, was shown.
Ivanova has graciously accepted the dreaded award, voicing regret for the careless mistake marring Plevneliev's good intentions to deliver a greeting that would be more emotional and sincere than those of his predecessors.
- » Northern Lights Film Festival Begins in Sofia on Wednesday
- » Bulgarian Students' Disturbing PISA Results Show Need for New Teaching Methods
- » Bulgaria's Koprivshtitsa Festival Added to UNESCO Heritage List
- » Sofia Hosts 3rd Global Summit for Preemies
- » Anti-Migrant Protest Held in Bulgarian Border Town
- » St Nicholas Day Marked in Bulgaria on Tuesday