Christmas Brings Milder Weather to Bulgaria
The cold wave that gripped most of Bulgaria over the last few weeks will come to an end on Christmas Eve, according to forecasts.
Weather men have confirmed their earlier forecasts that Bulgarians may not have to brave a cold Christmas because of a warm up, to be felt most strongly on Tuesday.
Temperatures plunged to 20C below zero on Sunday, but a cyclone over the Atlantic Ocean is bringing to the Balkans warmer weather.
It will reach Bulgaria on December 24 and will be felt here most tangibly on Tuesday and Wednesday.
On Tuesday afternoon the mercury will rise above the freezing point all across Bulgaria – from 2-5°C in Northern and Western Bulgaria to 8-12°C in Southwestern Bulgaria and along the sea coast.
- » UN Urges for Quick Action to Preserve Water on Earth
- » Today Comes the Astronomical Spring
- » Snow and Blizzards on the Threshold of Spring in Five Districts
- » The Hurricane Caused 500,000 Leva Worth of Damages in Vratsa
- » Yellow Warning on Glaze for All of North Bulgaria
- » Water in the Village of Kazanka is Checked For Uranium
...and then: Christmas Brings one more free day... Marry Christmas,
"Gregorian" people ;-)