Christmas Brings Milder Weather to Bulgaria
The cold wave that gripped most of Bulgaria over the last few weeks will come to an end on Christmas Eve, according to forecasts.
Weather men have confirmed their earlier forecasts that Bulgarians may not have to brave a cold Christmas because of a warm up, to be felt most strongly on Tuesday.
Temperatures plunged to 20C below zero on Sunday, but a cyclone over the Atlantic Ocean is bringing to the Balkans warmer weather.
It will reach Bulgaria on December 24 and will be felt here most tangibly on Tuesday and Wednesday.
On Tuesday afternoon the mercury will rise above the freezing point all across Bulgaria – from 2-5°C in Northern and Western Bulgaria to 8-12°C in Southwestern Bulgaria and along the sea coast.
- » Abundant Rainfall Causes Flooding in Bulgaria's Kazanlak
- » Earthquake near Sandanski Jolts Southwestern Bulgaria
- » Heavy Rains, Thunderstorms Expected in Western Bulgaria on Friday
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Issues Rain, Thunderstorm Warning
- » Divers Get 1 T of Waste Out of Waters Near St Anastasia Island
- » State of Emergency Declared in Bulgaria’s Northwest Due to Overflowing Dams
...and then: Christmas Brings one more free day... Marry Christmas,
"Gregorian" people ;-)