Christmas Brings Milder Weather to Bulgaria
The cold wave that gripped most of Bulgaria over the last few weeks will come to an end on Christmas Eve, according to forecasts.
Weather men have confirmed their earlier forecasts that Bulgarians may not have to brave a cold Christmas because of a warm up, to be felt most strongly on Tuesday.
Temperatures plunged to 20C below zero on Sunday, but a cyclone over the Atlantic Ocean is bringing to the Balkans warmer weather.
It will reach Bulgaria on December 24 and will be felt here most tangibly on Tuesday and Wednesday.
On Tuesday afternoon the mercury will rise above the freezing point all across Bulgaria – from 2-5°C in Northern and Western Bulgaria to 8-12°C in Southwestern Bulgaria and along the sea coast.
- » Bulgaria Warns of Potentially Dangerous Rainfall in Burgas Region
- » Spring-Like Temperatures Expected in Bulgaria This Month
- » EU Project Aims to Return Black Vulture to Bulgaria
- » Code Yellow Warning for Most of Bulgaria as Temperatures Rising
- » Coldest Night of Winter Hits Bulgaria, Warming Ahead
- » Warnings Issued for All Bulgarian Regions as Cold Spell Continues
...and then: Christmas Brings one more free day... Marry Christmas,
"Gregorian" people ;-)