Christmas Brings Milder Weather to Bulgaria
The cold wave that gripped most of Bulgaria over the last few weeks will come to an end on Christmas Eve, according to forecasts.
Weather men have confirmed their earlier forecasts that Bulgarians may not have to brave a cold Christmas because of a warm up, to be felt most strongly on Tuesday.
Temperatures plunged to 20C below zero on Sunday, but a cyclone over the Atlantic Ocean is bringing to the Balkans warmer weather.
It will reach Bulgaria on December 24 and will be felt here most tangibly on Tuesday and Wednesday.
On Tuesday afternoon the mercury will rise above the freezing point all across Bulgaria – from 2-5°C in Northern and Western Bulgaria to 8-12°C in Southwestern Bulgaria and along the sea coast.
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria Warns of Snowfall, Rising River Levels
...and then: Christmas Brings one more free day... Marry Christmas,
"Gregorian" people ;-)