Bulgarian Patriarch to Skip 98th Birthday over Illness
Bulgarian Orthodox Church Patriarch Maxim is currently in hospital, local media have informed.
Lozenets hospital director Lyubomir Spasov has refuted initial reports that the Patriarch was in coma.
Maxim was hospitalized several weeks ago due to an overall weakness.
Medics have advised him against taking part in the celebrations marking his upcoming 98th birthday on Monday.
Maxim was enthroned on July 4, 1971, and will turn 98 on October 29.
- » First Festival of Italian Cinema to Begin in Sofia on Tuesday
- » Confidence in Bulgarian President Reaches Its Lowest Since Start of Term – Poll
- » Bulgaria's President Pays Tribute to Victims of Communist Rule
- » Worker Dies in Blast in Bulgaria's Arsenal
- » Bulgarian Is Spoken by 15 Million People Worldwide
- » EU Commission Office in Sofia Evacuated over Fire