Bulgarian Patriarch to Skip 98th Birthday over Illness
Bulgarian Orthodox Church Patriarch Maxim is currently in hospital, local media have informed.
Lozenets hospital director Lyubomir Spasov has refuted initial reports that the Patriarch was in coma.
Maxim was hospitalized several weeks ago due to an overall weakness.
Medics have advised him against taking part in the celebrations marking his upcoming 98th birthday on Monday.
Maxim was enthroned on July 4, 1971, and will turn 98 on October 29.
- » Refugees, Their Bulgarian Friends Become 'Human of Year' 2013
- » Bulgarian Nationalist Chief Stirs Fresh 'Lavish Life' Scandal
- » Bulgarian University People Protest by Building 'Book Wall'
- » Russian Businessmen to Turn Sofia Mall into Orthodox Christianity Museum - Report
- » Ennio Morricone to Delight Sofia Audience
- » Attack on Bulgaria's Dogan Makes AFP Pics of Year