Bulgarian Patriarch to Skip 98th Birthday over Illness
Bulgarian Orthodox Church Patriarch Maxim is currently in hospital, local media have informed.
Lozenets hospital director Lyubomir Spasov has refuted initial reports that the Patriarch was in coma.
Maxim was hospitalized several weeks ago due to an overall weakness.
Medics have advised him against taking part in the celebrations marking his upcoming 98th birthday on Monday.
Maxim was enthroned on July 4, 1971, and will turn 98 on October 29.
- » 118 Workplace Deaths, 2807 Occupational Injuries Registered in Bulgaria in 2014
- » Eco Ministry Advises Tsarevo Authorities on Removing Concrete along Sand Dunes
- » UN Children's Fund Opens Youth Center in Bulgaria's Sliven
- » Fifth Edition of Chicago Folklore Festival Brings Bulgarians Closer to Home
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister