Bulgarian Patriarch to Skip 98th Birthday over Illness
Bulgarian Orthodox Church Patriarch Maxim is currently in hospital, local media have informed.
Lozenets hospital director Lyubomir Spasov has refuted initial reports that the Patriarch was in coma.
Maxim was hospitalized several weeks ago due to an overall weakness.
Medics have advised him against taking part in the celebrations marking his upcoming 98th birthday on Monday.
Maxim was enthroned on July 4, 1971, and will turn 98 on October 29.
- » Bulgaria ex-FinMin Quits as Rector of Russia University
- » 'I Lived 152 Lives,' Claudia Cardinale Says in Bulgaria's Sofia
- » Probe Launched into Pile-Up on Bulgaria's Hemus Motorway
- » At Least Three Dead, Two Heavily Injured in Pile-up on Bulgaria's Hemus Motorway
- » Average Life Expectancy in Bulgaria: 74 Years
- » Bulgarian Trumpeter Mihail Yossifov to Join Pink Martini at Sofia Concert