Bulgarian Patriarch to Skip 98th Birthday over Illness
Bulgarian Orthodox Church Patriarch Maxim is currently in hospital, local media have informed.
Lozenets hospital director Lyubomir Spasov has refuted initial reports that the Patriarch was in coma.
Maxim was hospitalized several weeks ago due to an overall weakness.
Medics have advised him against taking part in the celebrations marking his upcoming 98th birthday on Monday.
Maxim was enthroned on July 4, 1971, and will turn 98 on October 29.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Fire Causes Death of Two People in Downtown Sofia
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival