Bulgarian Patriarch Maxim Leaves Hospital
Bulgarian Christian Orthodox Church Patriarch Maxim has left the Lozenets Hospital, where he was for a second prolonged treatment during 2012.
Patriarch Maxim was hospitalized in early August and left the hospital for a short stint at Dormition of Mary (August 15), with doctors requesting him to return promptly.
In early September doctors at Lozenets Hospital head informed that the head of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church is in a much better condition.
Bulgaria's Patriarch Maxim, who was enthroned July 4, 1971, will turn 98 on October 29.
- » Scientists to Search for Ancient Civilization in Bulgaria's Rhodopes
- » Communist-Era Cars Museum to Open in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Citizens Cover 46% of Health Expenses
- » Nearly 80 Thousand Migrants Arrived in Europe by Sea in H1 2014
- » Bulgaria Ranks 58th by Human Development Index
- » Reporters Without Borders Slam Amendments to BG Penal Code on Banks