Bulgaria Interior: Suicide Bomber Image Verified 95%
The computer-generated image of the suicide attacker involved in the bombing in Bulgaria that killed five Israeli tourists and a local bus driver, has been verified 95%, the interior minister said.
"The badly damaged face of the bomber was reconstructed thanks to modern technology, supplied to Bulgaria by partner services," Minister Tsvetan Tsvetanov told journalists in the coastal town of Varna.
"The police did not release any earlier photos of the bomber, who was decapitated in the explosion, as they would have shocked the public," he added.
The photo of the suspect was released earlier on Wednesday by the press office of Bulgaria's Interior Ministry.
The Interior Ministry urged anyone who has information about the person to report it to the nearest police station to aid in the investigation.
The minister pointed out that the explosive was in the bulky backpack that the suicide bomber carried. Thus he denied reports that the five Israelis and one Bulgarian died two weeks ago when a bomb detonated on a tour bus in the Bulgarian resort of Burgas.
The lanky, long-haired man in a baseball cap, plaid Bermuda shorts and a bulky backpack hanging from his shoulders had spent some twenty days in Bulgaria before the terror attack, the minister added.
- » Czech Police Hit on Bulgarian Mobsters - Report
- » Bulgarian Linked to Gang Boss Murder in Amsterdam Shot at Home
- » 70 Illegal Immigrants Arrested on Bulgarian Border
- » Two Policemen Arrested in Sofia for Brutal Beating
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 11 Y Jail in Romania for Espionage
- » Syrian Attacker of Bulgarian Shopkeeper Charged