Bulgarian Orthodox Church Vows End of Schism
The dissidents from the Bulgarina Orthodox Church have asked Patriarch Maxim for forgiveness, the TV channel PRO.BG reports Friday.
The Holy Synod, the Directorate for Religions, and the Minister for Bulgarians Abroad, Bozhidar Dimitrov, have all been notified about the decision for the unification of the Church.
The three highest-ranking clergy from Bulgaria’s Alternative Synod, who extended a hand to the Patriarch, are the Sofia Metropolitan Inokentii, the former deacon from the Rozhen Monastery, Bishop Yoan Bogoslov and Father Nikolay Nikolov.
Meanwhile, Emil Velinov, Director of the Directorate for Religions told PRO.BG that 107 religions are officially registered in Bulgaria, but there aren’t problems with any of them.
- » 'Out of Ukraine' Flashmob Held in front of Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » 11-Year-Old Boy Dies in House Explosion in Bulgaria's Sevlievo
- » Seven Women Die in EU Each Day Due to Domestic Violence
- » Men in High Heels March in Bulgaria's Sofia Against Gender Violence
- » Rallies In Support of Russia To Be Held in Bulgaria
- » Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament Part Of Reality Show