Sliven Possible Site for First Bulgaria Car Manufacturer
Bulgarian and foreign businessmen are discussing the possibilities of setting up a car manufacturing plant in the town of Sliven.
They are currently inspecting the available properties in Sliven's industrial area that could house the necessary machinery.
"At this stage I cannot announce the investor's name, but Bulgarian experts are also involved in the project," Professor Stanimir Karapetkov told the Standart daily newspaper late Tuesday.
As head of the project "An automobile made in Bulgaria", Mr. Karapetkov has had several recent meetings with foreign businessmen.
Daimler-Chrysler, chief sponsor of the project "An automobile made in Bulgaria", are allegedly ready to support the production process with know-how.
Sliven seems to be the perfect place for setting up a car manufacturing business - the three machine-building factories in the town offer perfect conditions for such a process and the engineering potential has also been preserved, Standart concluded.
- » Bulgaria Faces Drastic IT Skills Shortage
- » Bulgaria Still Waiting for Auto Manufacturing Plant
- » Portuguese Company to Buy Large Bulgaria-Based Glass Wrapping Producer
- » Sensata to Open 500 More Jobs in Three Bulgarian Cities Next Year
- » Bulgaria Named Most Attractive Country for Automotive Industry - Survey
- » Railway Forum 2016 Held in Sofia