Sliven Possible Site for First Bulgaria Car Manufacturer
Bulgarian and foreign businessmen are discussing the possibilities of setting up a car manufacturing plant in the town of Sliven.
They are currently inspecting the available properties in Sliven's industrial area that could house the necessary machinery.
"At this stage I cannot announce the investor's name, but Bulgarian experts are also involved in the project," Professor Stanimir Karapetkov told the Standart daily newspaper late Tuesday.
As head of the project "An automobile made in Bulgaria", Mr. Karapetkov has had several recent meetings with foreign businessmen.
Daimler-Chrysler, chief sponsor of the project "An automobile made in Bulgaria", are allegedly ready to support the production process with know-how.
Sliven seems to be the perfect place for setting up a car manufacturing business - the three machine-building factories in the town offer perfect conditions for such a process and the engineering potential has also been preserved, Standart concluded.
- » British Art Trade is the Second Biggest in the World
- » Road Junction 'Plodovitovo' is Now Open
- » CEZ Distribution Bulgaria to Invest EUR 765,000 in Grid Upgrades in July
- » Important Talks on Energy Matters were Held in Sofia
- » Industrial Production Index in Bulgaria Increased by 2.7 in May 2017
- » Sofia City Council Approves the Construction of a 77-meter Building on Bulgaria Blvd