Bulgaria's Valley of Thracian Kings Larger than Believed - Expert
Professor Kitov's team of scientists and archaeologists will start excavations of 15 Thracian tumuli in mid July as according to their preliminary research they contain many unique artefacts.
"All of the tumuli have been already pillaged by treasures hunters, but I really hope they did not know what to look for," Professor Kitov said.
It is expected that the excavations continue three months and they will cost around BGN 200 000.
At the end of June a team of the Discovery Channel will come to Bulgaria to make a documentary for the excavations.
- » Bulgaria's Justice Minister Demands Dismissal of Suspended Sofia City Court Head
- » Harrison Ford Suffers Injury after Plane Crash with Vintage Vehicle
- » Code Red Issued in Southern Bulgaria over Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Landslide Stops Traffic in Bulgaria's Kresna Gorge
- » Dub FX to Present His Brand New Live Show in Sofia
- » Bugaria MPs Trade Punches over Claims of 'pro-US Stance'