Bulgaria's Valley of Thracian Kings Larger than Believed - Expert
Professor Kitov's team of scientists and archaeologists will start excavations of 15 Thracian tumuli in mid July as according to their preliminary research they contain many unique artefacts.
"All of the tumuli have been already pillaged by treasures hunters, but I really hope they did not know what to look for," Professor Kitov said.
It is expected that the excavations continue three months and they will cost around BGN 200 000.
At the end of June a team of the Discovery Channel will come to Bulgaria to make a documentary for the excavations.
- » Three-Day Bulgarian Tourist Fair Opens Doors in Paris
- » Fire Causes Death of Two People in Downtown Sofia
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival