Refugees in Bulgaria Receive Late Financial Aid by End of Week
The delayed monthly financial aid for refugees will be paid by Friday, Vasil Danov of Bulgaria's State Agency for Refugees confirmed.
The February payments of BGN 65 have been delayed by the Financial Ministry and the Interior Ministry, Danov told Darik news.
Refugees from camps in the capital city of Sofia and the shelter in Harmanli have been protesting lately due to the untimely payment of their monthly financial aid.
Danov explained that now the money will be doled out in each refugee center, so that refugees do not need to come to Sofia every month.
To date, nearly 3,600 refugees living in camps are entitled to government financial support.
- » No Risk for Bulgaria from Forest Fires Around Ukraine’s Chernobyl
- » Bulgarian Ambassador to US Says Was Subject to Hack Attack
- » NGO Threatens to Sue Bulgaria over Forced Demolition of Homes in Roma District of Garmen
- » Two Bulgarian Ad Agencies Nominated in Cannes Lions Festival
- » Bulgaria, US to Create Commission on Safeguarding Cultural Heritage
- » Three Houses Collapsed in Pernik Following Illegal Mining Activities