Refugees in Bulgaria Receive Late Financial Aid by End of Week
The delayed monthly financial aid for refugees will be paid by Friday, Vasil Danov of Bulgaria's State Agency for Refugees confirmed.
The February payments of BGN 65 have been delayed by the Financial Ministry and the Interior Ministry, Danov told Darik news.
Refugees from camps in the capital city of Sofia and the shelter in Harmanli have been protesting lately due to the untimely payment of their monthly financial aid.
Danov explained that now the money will be doled out in each refugee center, so that refugees do not need to come to Sofia every month.
To date, nearly 3,600 refugees living in camps are entitled to government financial support.
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN
- » Thracian Treasures Return to Bulgaria After Exhibition in Louvre
- » Temperatures in Bulgaria to Exceed 40 Degrees as Heat Wave Reaches Its Peak