Refugees in Bulgaria Receive Late Financial Aid by End of Week
The delayed monthly financial aid for refugees will be paid by Friday, Vasil Danov of Bulgaria's State Agency for Refugees confirmed.
The February payments of BGN 65 have been delayed by the Financial Ministry and the Interior Ministry, Danov told Darik news.
Refugees from camps in the capital city of Sofia and the shelter in Harmanli have been protesting lately due to the untimely payment of their monthly financial aid.
Danov explained that now the money will be doled out in each refugee center, so that refugees do not need to come to Sofia every month.
To date, nearly 3,600 refugees living in camps are entitled to government financial support.
- » Bulgaria To Host Junior Eurovision Song Contest in 2015
- » Bulgaria’s 2011-2013 Refugee Integration Strategy Was Total Failure – Audit Office
- » Greek Singer Demis Roussos Dies
- » Bulgaria Deputy Parliament Speaker Dies Aged 60
- » Turkish Tourist Suffers Injuries While Skiing in Bulgaria’s Bansko
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M