Refugees in Bulgaria Receive Late Financial Aid by End of Week
The delayed monthly financial aid for refugees will be paid by Friday, Vasil Danov of Bulgaria's State Agency for Refugees confirmed.
The February payments of BGN 65 have been delayed by the Financial Ministry and the Interior Ministry, Danov told Darik news.
Refugees from camps in the capital city of Sofia and the shelter in Harmanli have been protesting lately due to the untimely payment of their monthly financial aid.
Danov explained that now the money will be doled out in each refugee center, so that refugees do not need to come to Sofia every month.
To date, nearly 3,600 refugees living in camps are entitled to government financial support.
- » Emergency Medical Aid To Be Provided Within 30 Minutes
- » Bulgaria's Nuclear Institute: New Cyclotron To Become Operational in 2 Years
- » Bulgarian Parliament to Begin Every Session with National Anthem
- » Bulgarian MPs Approve Aid for Unemployed Who Find Work Far from Hometown
- » Orthodox Christians Hail St Demetrius
- » Bulgaria's President: New Education Models Must Reflect Migration, Demographic Problems