Romanian Tourists Flock to Bulgaria's Black Sea Resorts for Easter
Bulgarian Black Sea coast hotel owners have recorded an increase of Romanian tourists 2 months before Easter.
Many Romanian tourists prefer Bulgaria's north Black Sea coast resort of Balchik. Hotels there are almost full for the holidays with price rates remaining unchanged since last summer.
The biggest attraction for tourists from Romania remains the palace in Balchik built in 1924 by the Romanian Queen Maria.
"Tourists visit Balchik out of nostalgia, perhaps, but also because it is a wonderful resort, and a very scenic bay," Zheni Mihaylova, the director of the Architectural Park Complex the Palace - Balchik told Bulgarian private BTV.
Hotels further north the Bulgarian sea coast are also expecting an increase of tourists around Easter.
"Romanians like Bulgarians make reservations at the last minute. Nearly 60% of our rooms are booked and we receive new reservation requests every day," a hotel manager in the town of Kavarna told BTV.
Hotel owners expect many Bulgarians to visit local sea resorts for the Easter holidays, as well.
- » Bulgaria Presented at Salon Mondial du Tourisme in Paris
- » Wizz Air to Launch New Bulgaria – Bratislava Route
- » Bulgaria to Participate in ITB Berlin, 2017
- » Wizz Air Cancels Sofia-Kutaisi Flights
- » Ryanair Announces New Winter Services from Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Resort Sunny Beach – the Cheapest Tourist Destination in the World