Bulgarian Airline to Launch Direct US Flights
Bulgarian airline is waiting for permission from the US administration in order to launch direct flights from Bulgaria to the US.
The company will be ready to provide regular services 3 times a week in 2-3 months time, according to Yanko Ivanov, executive at Bulgaria's Air Company BH Air.
"We have the full support of the state," Ivanov said for Bulgarian 24 Chasa Daily.
Part of the procedure is over, but the company awaits the issue of permits, regarding the security of passengers and cargo. According to BH Air surveys, there is great interest in direct flights to the United States.
Bulgarian airlines might need to hire foreign employees because many local pilots will retire by 2017, Bulgarian Airline Association head Svetoslav Stanulov warned.
Bulgarian airline companies own a total of 45 aircraft. The industry has overcome the crisis reporting an increase of passengers by 5.8 % in 2013.
Charter flights are, however, only four months a year. In order to generate revenue, half of Bulgarian airlines fly abroad in the winter or even throughout the year. This means that Bulgaria's air companies are competitive on foreign markets, Stanulov explained.
Low cost companies hold 28% of passengers traffic to and from Bulgaria.
- » There is an Increase of 6.9% of the Receipts From Social Protection Contributions
- » Tobacco Products and Bottled Alcoholic Beverages will be Sold with a New Excise Label
- » No New Funding of Rehabilitation of Compartment Buildings in 2018
- » East European wines: Bulgaria’s Cheap and Cheerful Best, The Guardian
- » Infrastructure Investments in Bulgaria will Continue in 2018
- » AFP: Bulgarian Village Goes Chinese in Yoghurt Craze