Bulgarian Song Included in Statham's Hummingbird Hit Movie
The motion picture is currently shown in a number of Bulgarian movie theaters and the song, written by Neli Andreeva and Georgi Genov, has sparked huge interest in the country.
Geogieva says that when she first heard of the title Hummingbird, she thought this was a popular science film, and was very surprised when she found out it is a hit action movie.
She added what is happening to the song now is "independent of the authors."
Some years ago, the folk singer has decided to write a melody and text that will touch the audiences and make them turn to God and the faith he listens to people's prayers.
The song became very popular after the project was joined by composer and conductor Georgi Genov and was recorded with the vocals of Neli Andreeva and the choir of Bulgaria's hugely popular folk troupe Filip Kutev.
After being released on YouTube, it has been viewed by over 1 million people across the globe in less than one year. Then, Japan's public TV came to Sofia to make a 2-hour documentary аbоut the inspiring song and the crew told the authors this was the most listened to Bulgarian song in their country.
Many international celebrity musicians visiting Bulgaria such as Massive Attack and Red Hot Chili Peppers have also shown great interest in the song.
Jason Statham has been in Bulgaria for the filming of The Expendables 2 and 3.
- » Bulgaria's National Art Gallery Square 500 Hosts Indonesian Batik, Bali Art Exhibition
- » Festival Italiano in Bulgaria 2016: Music, Cinema, Cuisine and Much More
- » European Night of Museums to Be Celebrated in Bulgaria on May 21
- » Bulgaria to Make Its Second Appearance at Eurovision Final on Saturday
- » Bulgaria's Poli Genova Proceeds to Eurovision Final
- » Bulgaria's Poli Genova to Perform at Eurovision Semifinal on Thursday
I would say that the song is used in poor taste, any movie with Statham is usually pretty stupid..the plot is easy to figure out and the acting is ok at best. The song is used as an exploitation of these fine singers, so basically the song is better than the movie.