Bitter Winter to Hit Bulgaria by End of Month
Following the unusually warm weather over the past month, now it’s time for Bulgarians to brace for the arrival of real winter.
Meteorologists predict snowfall by the 25th of January, with temperatures dropping considerably. When the cold grips, it is likely to last all through February and into March, according to Standartnews.
Temperatures will drop to -10, -12 degrees Celsius by next month.
Meanwhile, residents of Bulgaria will be able to enjoy another sunny and warm weekend this week, the last such before spring.
- » EU Greenhouse Gas Emissions Dropped by Almost 2% in 2013
- » Thousands Suffer Power Cuts, Blackouts After Bulgaria's First Snow
- » Bulgaria’s Burgas Calls Off State of Emergency after Weekend of Heavy Rain
- » Heavy Snow, Rain Cause Chaos Throughout Bulgaria
- » Code Orange Issued in 17 Bulgarian Districts Over First Snow
- » Bulgaria's Osam, Vit Rivers Water Levels Increasing Due to Heavy Rains