Bitter Winter to Hit Bulgaria by End of Month
Following the unusually warm weather over the past month, now it’s time for Bulgarians to brace for the arrival of real winter.
Meteorologists predict snowfall by the 25th of January, with temperatures dropping considerably. When the cold grips, it is likely to last all through February and into March, according to Standartnews.
Temperatures will drop to -10, -12 degrees Celsius by next month.
Meanwhile, residents of Bulgaria will be able to enjoy another sunny and warm weekend this week, the last such before spring.
- » Summer Floods Caused Damages Amounting to EUR 400 M
- » Bulgarian Customs Prevent Smuggling of Two Million European Eels
- » Mountain Rescuers Warn of Avalanches in Ski Resorts, Frostbite
- » Extreme Cold, Strong Winds Grip Bulgaria for New Year
- » Code Yellow Warning in Bulgaria for Snow, Gale-Force Winds
- » Bulgaria Warns of Snowfall, Rising River Levels