94 Asylum-Seekers Enter Bulgaria over Past 24 H
A total of 94 asylum seekers who entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey have been detained by Bulgarian border police over the past 24 hours.
70 of them were Syrian nationals, according to the Bulgarian Interior Ministry.
Bulgaria currently has the capacity to accommodate 5 000 refugees – a number that was exceeded last week.
Bulgaria, which shares a border with Turkey, is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict. Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrian refugees by the end of the year.
- » Three Dead, One in Serious Condition After Car Accidents in Last 24 hours
- » Sunny Weather Today, Maximum Temperatures 31°-36°
- » Two dead, 18 injured in car accidents in last 24 hours
- » Today is the Official Start of Astronomical Summer
- » NIMH: Yellow Code for Strong Wind in 8 Regions
- » SpaceX delays Bulgaria Satellite Again, Plans 'Doubleheader'