94 Asylum-Seekers Enter Bulgaria over Past 24 H
A total of 94 asylum seekers who entered Bulgaria through its border with Turkey have been detained by Bulgarian border police over the past 24 hours.
70 of them were Syrian nationals, according to the Bulgarian Interior Ministry.
Bulgaria currently has the capacity to accommodate 5 000 refugees – a number that was exceeded last week.
Bulgaria, which shares a border with Turkey, is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict. Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrian refugees by the end of the year.
- » People in Bourgas are Protesting Against the Air Pollution in the City
- » Drunk Passenger Forced a Plane from Poland to Egypt to Make an Emergency Landing in Sofia
- » 17 People were Injured in a Railway Accident in Slovakia
- » For the next school year, half of the schools will have lockers
- » Electric pillar fell on children in Pazardzhik
- » Top Bottled Water Brands Contaminated with Plastic Particles