77 Illegal Immigrants Detained on Bulgarian-Turkish Border in 1 Day
Bulgarian Border Police have detained a total of 77 foreign nationals who were illegally crossing Bulgarian-Turkish border during the last 24 hours, the Interior Ministry announced.
The detainees included 72 Syrians.
The total capacity of refugee shelters of the State Refugee Agency and of special homes of the Interior Ministry is 2230 beds. It has already been exceeded by 248 beds.
Bulgaria is undertaking measures to accommodate all potential refugees that might arrive from Syria seeking shelters from the devastating civil war conflict.
The Bulgarian Red Cross raises funds for providing accommodations for the refugees. Citizens can give BGN 1 by sending a text message to the number 1466 available for all Bulgarian mobile networks.
Bulgarian officials have said the country may have to provide shelter for as many as 10,000 Syrians by the end of the year.
- » Stara Zagora, Best City For Living in Bulgaria For 2016
- » Checks into Quality of Imported Foodstuffs to Begin
- » Cosmonaut Georgi Ivanov Taken to Hospital in Serious Condition
- » NSI: Museum Visits in 2016 Have Increased by 9.8%
- » Victor Bojinov Delves Into Bulgarian History in ‘’Heights’’
- » NIMH: Short Rains with Thunders in the Afternoon