Fortissimo Music Fest Moves On to Bulgaria's Ruse, Tarnovo
The Bulgarian open-air festival for classical music Fortissimo continues its summer Music under the Stars tour across Bulgarian cities.
Thursday the festival is playing at Ruse, while Saturday it moves on to Veliko Tarnovo.
The concerts begin at 8:30 pm and the entrance is for free.
In Ruse the concert will take place the Ruse Town Hall, while in Veliko Tarnovo it will be at the Summer theatre.
Among the performers are Svetlin Rusev, the Ruse-born violinist, Neli Andreeva - a Bulgarian folklore singer, Georgi Andreev, playing on the gadulka – a traditional Bulgarian string musical instrument, Petar Bodurov, who is a master of the Bulgarian bagpipe.
The music to be performed includes fusion between classical and traditional folk music, as well as renditions of popular movie scores.
The founder of the Fortissimo platform and conductor at the festival's performances is Maxim Eshkenazy.
- » Bulgaria's History Museum with Free Admission for Christmas
- » US Foundation Launches 9th Sofia Student Film Fest
- » Legendary Aerosmith to Rock Sofia in May
- » Top Bulgarian Landmark Honors Patron Saint
- » After Bulgaria, Serbia Out of Eurovision Too, Portugal Back
- » Cash-Stripped Bulgaria Gives Up Eurovision Contest