Bulgarian Border Authorities Detain 6 Illegal Migrants
Bulgarian border police have detained six migrants who tried to enter the country from Turkey at the Kapitan Andreevo checkpoint.
The six were found during an inspection of a trailer hauled by a car driven by a Turkish national.
All of the migrants were without identity documents on them.
Four, who said they come from Afghanistan - a young man and woman, and two children - are believed to be a family.
The two others are young men who said they are Palestinian.
The six have been detained in the illegal migrants housing facility near Svilengrad.
- » No Risk of Flooding Dams, Says Bulgarian Agriculture Minister
- » Trade Union: 20% of Households in Bulgaria Below Poverty Line
- » Bulgaria's Government Expands Protected Areas
- » Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
- » Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Government To Spend BGN 7.2 M On Subsidized Employment