Bulgarian Parliament to Vote on Cabinet Resignation Thursday
Bulgaria's Parliament will vote on the center-right GERB government's resignation on Thursday, it has been made clear.
As it was announced earlier on Wednesday, Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov handed the resignation of his cabinet to Parliamentary Chair Tsetska Tsacheva.
Tsacheva told reporters that she received the resignation of Borisov and his cabinet at 11:23 am EET on Wednesday.
The Cabinet will continue to function until a new Cabinet is elected, according to local news agency.
Borisov made the shocking announcement Wednesday that his cabinet is to resign en masse around noon. The move follows a series of mass protest rallies against high electricity prices that morphed into wider discontent over austerity and the way the country is being run.
Borissov told MPs that his party would not be part of a caretaker government.
Twenty-five people were taken to hospital and fourteen were injured after protesters clashed with police late on Tuesday.
Earlier on Tuesday, Borisov pledged to cut electricity prices in a bid to halt the escalation of mass anti-government protests that have already claimed the scalp of Finance Minister Simeon Djankov.
The Prime Minister also vowed to revoke the license of of the local unit of Czech power utility CEZ to operate the country's national grid.
Bulgaria's parliamentary elections have been scheduled for July 7.
- » Prosecutor is Sentenced to 6 Months Probation
- » Bulgarian Interior Minister: ''Effective Management of Migration is Priority for Bulgarian EU Presidency''
- » European Investment Grows in Bulgaria
- » BGN 43 Million Provided to 15 Municipalities for Rehabilitation of Streets, Urban Environments and Schools
- » Bulgarian President Rumen Radev Calles for More Investments by USA and Israel in Bulgaria
- » The Case Against the Higher Prices of Heating and Hot Water Begins
Аз смятам, че ако това стане положението в Бьлгария ще се влоши. Крайно време е Бьлгарския народ да разбере, че ГЕРБ е най-малкото 'ЗЛО'. Положение с комунисти, социалисти или турци на власт в Бьлгария ще влоши много положението и има опастност да вьрне дьржавата с 20 години назад.