Bulgarian Lures French Tourists with Culture, History
The top six French tour operators are going to arrive in Bulgaria in April to learn about the opportunities for cultural and historical tourism in the country.
The information was reported Friday by the Head of the Association of Bulgarian Hotel and Restaurant Owners, Blagoy Ragin, cited by Standard news.
Ragin explained Bulgaria is becoming more and more attractive for fans of "pilgrimage" tourism, while the French were known to be among the biggest lovers globally of cultural tours.
According to him, once the French come, they will be followed by the Belgians and the Dutch.
The prospects for Bulgarian tourism will be also discussed at the 30th edition of the international tourism exchange "Vacation and SPA Expo," to be held February 16 – 18 in Sofia.
It will include 270 exhibitors, with some 50 of them attending for the first time, such as tour operators from Albania, the Dominican Republic, Indonesia, the South African Republic, and others. Cuba will be represented for the first time after a 5-year interruption.
- » Bulgaria Launches EU-funded Advertising Campaign to Boost Domestic Tourism
- » Bulgaria, Turkey to Develop Joint Tourism Product
- » Bulgaria to Spend BGN 5.5 M on Advertising Tourism in 2015
- » Govt, Environmentalists Can Reach Joint Decisions on Ski Tourism - Minister
- » Bulgaria Celebrates 120th Anniversary of Tourist Movement
- » Bulgaria to Be Split Into 9 Tourist Regions by End of January