British Embassy Confirms Labor Restrictions Lift for Bulgarians
Labor restrictions for Bulgarians and Romanians will be lifted in the UK from January 1, 2014, according to Catherine Barber, Deputy and Interim Head of Mission at the British Embassy in Sofia.
Barber has made a similar statement in a TV interview earlier, but it has been now confirmed by the Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Ministry.
At a meeting with the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Ivan Sirakov, the diplomat has assured the citizens of Bulgaria and Romania will not be discriminated against.
Barber has also informed that the official answer of David Lidington, Minister of State at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, on work permits for Bulgarian college students in the UK was forthcoming.
In mid-January, Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, sent a letter to Lidington with concrete proposals to reduce the deadlines for the issuing of these permits.
- » Arabian Diplomats Block the US Embassy in Sofia
- » Macedonia will become the 30th member of NATO next year
- » Putin may Come to Bulgaria, but it will not be on the 3rd of March
- » Boyko Borisov will Meet with Prime Minister of Norway Erna Solberg
- » Bulgarian PM: With Teresa May, We Discussed the Rights of Bulgarians in the UK
- » Putin Stopped by at his "Friend" Erdogan on his Return from the Middle East