British Embassy Confirms Labor Restrictions Lift for Bulgarians
Labor restrictions for Bulgarians and Romanians will be lifted in the UK from January 1, 2014, according to Catherine Barber, Deputy and Interim Head of Mission at the British Embassy in Sofia.
Barber has made a similar statement in a TV interview earlier, but it has been now confirmed by the Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Ministry.
At a meeting with the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Ivan Sirakov, the diplomat has assured the citizens of Bulgaria and Romania will not be discriminated against.
Barber has also informed that the official answer of David Lidington, Minister of State at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office, on work permits for Bulgarian college students in the UK was forthcoming.
In mid-January, Bulgarian Foreign Affairs Minister, Nikolay Mladenov, sent a letter to Lidington with concrete proposals to reduce the deadlines for the issuing of these permits.
- » Hamas, Fatah 'to Form Unity Government'
- » Atanas Paparizov Elected Head of Bulgaria's Permanent Mission to WTO
- » Bulgaria's President to Attend Double Canonization at the Vatican
- » President Plevneliev, Vice-President Biden Discuss Ukraine
- » Ukraine, EU, Russia, US Strike Deal in Geneva
- » Ukraine, EU, Russia, US to Meet in Geneva