Bulgarian Princess Kalina Moves to Get Bulgarian Citizenship
Bulgaria's Princess Kalina wants to gain Bulgarian citizenship, local media have announced.
Kalina met with Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Justice Minister Diana Kovacheva on Friday.
The Bulgarian Princess is expected to join the Bulgarian national equestrian team.
41-year-old Kalina is the youngest of former Bulgarian King Simeon Saxe-Coburg and wife Margarita's five children, who were all born in exile in Spain.
Throughout her youth she cultivated a name for herself as one of the most unique and modern European princesses thanks to her unique dress style and make-up.
In October 2002 she married Spanish explorer Kitin Munoz in a traditional ceremony in Bulgaria, three years after the couple first met. Their only child, Simeon, who is named after his grandfather, was the first member of the royal family to be born in Bulgaria in 70 years.
The little Simeon III Hassan will turn 6 on March 14 2013. He is also expected to gain Bulgarian citizenship.
- » Turkish Coast Guard Rescues 6 Crewmen From Drifting Ship in Black Sea
- » Beyonce is the World's Highest Paid Female Singer
- » Vitosha Blvd is the 51st Most Expensive Shopping Street in the World
- » An Asteroid that Visited US From Interstellar Space is One of the Most Elongated Cosmic Objects Known to Science
- » NIMH: Changing Clouds Over Bulgaria Today, no Significant Rains
- » Inhabitants of Lozenets District are Protesting Against the Construction of a 34-Floor Skyscraper