Bulgarian Princess Kalina Moves to Get Bulgarian Citizenship
Bulgaria's Princess Kalina wants to gain Bulgarian citizenship, local media have announced.
Kalina met with Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov and Justice Minister Diana Kovacheva on Friday.
The Bulgarian Princess is expected to join the Bulgarian national equestrian team.
41-year-old Kalina is the youngest of former Bulgarian King Simeon Saxe-Coburg and wife Margarita's five children, who were all born in exile in Spain.
Throughout her youth she cultivated a name for herself as one of the most unique and modern European princesses thanks to her unique dress style and make-up.
In October 2002 she married Spanish explorer Kitin Munoz in a traditional ceremony in Bulgaria, three years after the couple first met. Their only child, Simeon, who is named after his grandfather, was the first member of the royal family to be born in Bulgaria in 70 years.
The little Simeon III Hassan will turn 6 on March 14 2013. He is also expected to gain Bulgarian citizenship.
- » UN Children's Fund Opens Youth Center in Bulgaria's Sliven
- » Fifth Edition of Chicago Folklore Festival Brings Bulgarians Closer to Home
- » 61% of Bulgarians Have Not Heard of Armenian Genocide in Ottoman Empire
- » Hundreds Protest, Demand Resignation of Bulgarian Culture Minister
- » EU Grant Sponsors Restoration of Bulgaria's Perperikon
- » Sentimental Swingers to Present New Album in Sofia