Bulgaria Detains 18 Illegal Migrants on Turkey Border
18 illegal migrants have been detained by Bulgarian authorities Sunday upon attempting to cross the country's border with Turkey.
Early Sunday morning, border police intercepted near the village of Golyam Dervent a group of 10 men without IDs, who presented themselves as citizens of Congo.
In two separate incidents, authorities found two groups of 4 and 3 Syrian citizens who tried to enter Bulgaria on a regular passenger bus, but with forged travel documents.
A Turkish citizen has also been detained, whot tried to jump over the fence at Kapitan Andreevo crossing point in order to avoid passport check.
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Hosts Documentary, Animation Film Festival
- » Bulgarian President – Fighting Climate Change Could Have Economic Benefits
- » Bulgaria Confirms Participation in 2016 Eurovision Song Contest
- » Second Edition of Morocco Days in Bulgaria Begins in Sofia on November 30
- » First Snow Falls in Bulgaria's Northwest
- » Bulgaria 'Should Accept More Migrants' to Overcome Demographic Crisis