Bulgaria Detains 18 Illegal Migrants on Turkey Border
18 illegal migrants have been detained by Bulgarian authorities Sunday upon attempting to cross the country's border with Turkey.
Early Sunday morning, border police intercepted near the village of Golyam Dervent a group of 10 men without IDs, who presented themselves as citizens of Congo.
In two separate incidents, authorities found two groups of 4 and 3 Syrian citizens who tried to enter Bulgaria on a regular passenger bus, but with forged travel documents.
A Turkish citizen has also been detained, whot tried to jump over the fence at Kapitan Andreevo crossing point in order to avoid passport check.
- » Iraqi National Wounded in Shooting Near Central Sofia
- » Incident with Diplomatic Car in Bulgaria's Sofia Leaves 3 Injured
- » Bulgarian Police Looking for Missing Czech National
- » Boy Found Alive After Spending Five Days in Forest Near Bulgaria's Ruse
- » Gunman Storms Cinema in Germany, Leaving at Least 25 People Injured
- » Bulgaria to Have Another Sunny Summer Day on Friday