Bulgaria Detains 18 Illegal Migrants on Turkey Border
18 illegal migrants have been detained by Bulgarian authorities Sunday upon attempting to cross the country's border with Turkey.
Early Sunday morning, border police intercepted near the village of Golyam Dervent a group of 10 men without IDs, who presented themselves as citizens of Congo.
In two separate incidents, authorities found two groups of 4 and 3 Syrian citizens who tried to enter Bulgaria on a regular passenger bus, but with forged travel documents.
A Turkish citizen has also been detained, whot tried to jump over the fence at Kapitan Andreevo crossing point in order to avoid passport check.
- » Bulgaria's Government Expands Protected Areas
- » Bulgaria To Expand Its Stem Cell Bank
- » Overflowing Dam Floods Villages In NW Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Government To Spend BGN 7.2 M On Subsidized Employment
- » Sofia Art Provocateurs Paint Garbage Containers for Earth Day
- » Sofia, Stara Zagora Finalists in Bloomberg European City Contest