11 Syrian Refugees Intercepted in Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police have detained 11 illegal migrants from Syria who tried to cross the border with Turkey Sunday.
The group, comprizing 9 men, one woman and her child, were detained in the field near the village of Matochina, in the area of Kapitan Andreevo crossing point.
None of them had IDs on them, but they said to the officers they are fleeing from Syria.
The 11 illegal migrants have been detained in Svilengrad, and investigations are under way.
- » Government Airplane Carrying PM on Board Performs Emergency Landing at Varna Airport
- » Music, Dance Performances Close 2015 Edition of Sofia Breathes Festival
- » Bulgarian Samuel Finzi Voted Actor of the Year in Germany
- » Turkey’s Pegasus Airlines Plane Makes Safe Emergency Landing at Sofia Airport
- » Number of Cyclists in Sofia up by 140% in 3 Years
- » Bulgarian Archaeologists Discover 1600-Year-Old Mosaic in Downtown Sofia