11 Syrian Refugees Intercepted in Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police have detained 11 illegal migrants from Syria who tried to cross the border with Turkey Sunday.
The group, comprizing 9 men, one woman and her child, were detained in the field near the village of Matochina, in the area of Kapitan Andreevo crossing point.
None of them had IDs on them, but they said to the officers they are fleeing from Syria.
The 11 illegal migrants have been detained in Svilengrad, and investigations are under way.
- » Forest Fire Damage in Bulgaria since Jan 2015 Estimated at BGN 10 M
- » 'Socialist Beer' Adds Appeal to Traditional Buzludzha Fest
- » Bulgarian High School Students Win Gold, 2 Silver Medals at International Olympiad in Informatics
- » Inactivity Rate of Young People in Bulgaria at nearly 73% in 2014
- » Robbie Williams to Perform With His Father at Bulgaria's Spirit of Burgas
- » Bulgaria Will Have World's Most Rapidly Shrinking Population in Next 35 Years - UN