11 Syrian Refugees Intercepted in Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police have detained 11 illegal migrants from Syria who tried to cross the border with Turkey Sunday.
The group, comprizing 9 men, one woman and her child, were detained in the field near the village of Matochina, in the area of Kapitan Andreevo crossing point.
None of them had IDs on them, but they said to the officers they are fleeing from Syria.
The 11 illegal migrants have been detained in Svilengrad, and investigations are under way.
- » Up to 200 out of 700 Houses in Flood-Hit Mizia Are Still Inhabitable
- » 60% of Babies Born in Bulgaria in 2013 Were Out-of-Wedlock-Births
- » Bulgaria Marks 137th Anniversary of Heroic Shipka Pass Battle
- » Sofia's Cultural Calendar Swelling with Performaces in End-August
- » 5.1 Earthquake Hits Greek Chalkidiki Peninsula
- » Bulgaria's Health Minister Halts BGN 30 M of Procurement