11 Syrian Refugees Intercepted in Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police have detained 11 illegal migrants from Syria who tried to cross the border with Turkey Sunday.
The group, comprizing 9 men, one woman and her child, were detained in the field near the village of Matochina, in the area of Kapitan Andreevo crossing point.
None of them had IDs on them, but they said to the officers they are fleeing from Syria.
The 11 illegal migrants have been detained in Svilengrad, and investigations are under way.
- » Bulgarians are the Last in the EU when it Comes to Spending Money on Books
- » Bears Saved Near Village of Daspat Are Under 24-Hour Surveillance
- » A Man was Found Shot in an Underground Car Park in Burgas
- » The Population in the Bulgarian Capital is Growing Steadily, with more than 1.2 Million People Living in Sofia
- » North Korea Bus Crash Could Be Worst Chinese Tourist Incident in Years
- » Socially Disadvantaged People could Receive Free Legal Aid