11 Syrian Refugees Intercepted in Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police have detained 11 illegal migrants from Syria who tried to cross the border with Turkey Sunday.
The group, comprizing 9 men, one woman and her child, were detained in the field near the village of Matochina, in the area of Kapitan Andreevo crossing point.
None of them had IDs on them, but they said to the officers they are fleeing from Syria.
The 11 illegal migrants have been detained in Svilengrad, and investigations are under way.
- » Heavy North European Storm Claims First Victims
- » Eight Protesters Detained in Bulgaria’s Capital Sofia
- » Two Bulgarian Students Arrested after Skirmishes with Police - Report
- » Tensions in Front of Parliament as Bulgarian Students Rally
- » 2013 First Group of Bulgarian Researches Sets Off for Antarctica
- » Bulgarian Statesmen Honor Hanukkah