11 Syrian Refugees Intercepted in Bulgaria
Bulgarian border police have detained 11 illegal migrants from Syria who tried to cross the border with Turkey Sunday.
The group, comprizing 9 men, one woman and her child, were detained in the field near the village of Matochina, in the area of Kapitan Andreevo crossing point.
None of them had IDs on them, but they said to the officers they are fleeing from Syria.
The 11 illegal migrants have been detained in Svilengrad, and investigations are under way.
- » Serbian Court Places Tsvetan Vasilev Under Recognizance Order
- » Fresh Threats Directed at KTB's Vasilev, His Lawyer Says
- » Two Million Bulgarians Complain of Excessive Noise Exposure
- » Bulgarian Environment Ministry Warns of Possible Flash Floods
- » Bulgaria's Capital Celebrates St. Sofia Day
- » Tsvetan Vasilev Has Sought Contact with Authorities in Belgrade