Russian Holy Synod Honors Late Bulgarian Patriarch
At its last sitting for 2013, the Holy Synod of the Russian Orthodox Church, chaired by Russian Patriarch Kiril, has prayed for late Bulgarian Patriarchs Ignatiy and Maxim.
The prayer was held on the day Bulgaria marks Christmas, December 25. (The Russian Orthodox Church marks Christmas on January 7.)
The information on the prayer has been reported by official Russian Orthodox Church sources.
Patriarch Maxim was the oldest Primate of Orthodox Church Patriarchs around the world, and he was at the helm for a record-long 41 years.
Patriarch Maxim died shortly before 4 am on November 6 after spending a month in the Governmental Hospital in Sofia including several days on life support.
Maxim turned 98 on October 29, 2012.
- » Movies About Claude Mone, Picasso, Joseph Brodsky During This Year 'Master of Art' Festival
- » Bulgaria's SAC Revokes Fingerprint Identification for Hospital Patients
- » MIHALKOVO: the Only Company For Naturally Aerated Water in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Marks World Theater Day with Ikar Awards
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday Morning
- » Orthodox Bulgaria Celebrates Annunciation