Russia Urges EU to Set High Priority on South Stream
Russia believes that the South Stream gas pipeline project should be granted a high priority status by the European Union, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said.
The Russian Foreign Minister has noted that Nord Stream has already been declared as a priority project for the EU, and granting the same status to South Stream was also discussed at the EU-Russia summit.
He has pointed out that the volume of gas to be pumped through South Stream would be larger than that pumped through Nord Stream.
Lavrov has also stated that the provisions of the 3rd Energy Package violate the EU's commitments not to worsen the conditions of business with Russia, Interfax informs.
- » Bulgargaz Demanded a 5% Increase in the Price of Gas
- » Electricity Production in Bulgaria is Growing more Slowly than Consumption
- » Kozloduy Nuclear Power Plant can Operate Until 2047
- » The Share of "Green" Energy in Bulgaria is Increasing
- » 80% of New NPPs in 2016 Are in Asia
- » Russian Company Ready to Invest in Belene NPP