Russia Urges EU to Set High Priority on South Stream
Russia believes that the South Stream gas pipeline project should be granted a high priority status by the European Union, Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov has said.
The Russian Foreign Minister has noted that Nord Stream has already been declared as a priority project for the EU, and granting the same status to South Stream was also discussed at the EU-Russia summit.
He has pointed out that the volume of gas to be pumped through South Stream would be larger than that pumped through Nord Stream.
Lavrov has also stated that the provisions of the 3rd Energy Package violate the EU's commitments not to worsen the conditions of business with Russia, Interfax informs.
- » EUR 12.3 M Gas Transmission Pipeline Opens in NE Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Not Planning to Nationalize AES, ContourGlobal TPPs, Energy Min Says
- » Bulgaria’s Energoremont Holding AD Acquires Majority Stake in Electroimpeks AD
- » China's ICBC Bank Offering Loan to Bulgarian Energy Holding
- » Bulgaria 'Seeking to Become Hub for Russian Gas'
- » Bulgaria’s PM: Dobrich – Silistra Gas Pipeline Issued Final Certificate of Fitness