Sofia Airport Boasts 2-Fold Increase in Passengers on Domestic Flights
Sofia Airport registered a two-fold increase in passengers traveling to domestic destinations in November 2012.
In November 2012, a total of 12 517 passengers flew to the Black Sea cities of Varna and Burgas, compared to 5985 passengers in November 2011, while over 218 000 passengers flew on regular international routes.
The highest increases in transported passengers were registered by airliners Bulgaria Air, Australian Airlines, Turkish Airlines, NIKI, British Airways, Air France, and LOT.
In November 2012, Sofia Airport serviced a total of 234 168 arrival and departure passengers, at the same level as in November 2011.
In November 2012, Sofia Airport processed 1488 tonnes of cargo and postal shipments, up by 5.6% from November 2011 due to the 17% increase registered by integrated cargo carriers.
In November 2012, Sofia Airport registered an increase in flights to domestic destinations (up by 24%), charter flights, and cargo flights.
In November 2012, the number of flights to international regular routes decreased by 14% from November 2011.
- » Russia Certifies Ural, Yamal to Fly to Bulgaria’s Burgas, Plovdiv from Moscow’s Zhukovsky Airport
- » Tourist Trips by Bulgarian Residents Increase 10% Y/Y in Q2 2016
- » Bulgaria’s Revenue from Hotel Overnights Up 29% Y/Y in June 2016
- » Tax Officials Find Skyrocketing Revenues at Bulgaria's Black Sea Resorts
- » Bulgaria Going Through Best Tourism Year Since 1998
- » Daily Mail: Thomas Cook Says Bulgaria, Cuba Emerge as ‘New Hotspots' for British Tourists