Sofia to Hold Its 2nd German-Style Christmas Market
Bulgaria's capital Sofia is to open a German-style Christmas market on Monday, November 26, it has been announced.
The market will be settled in the park in front of the National Theater in downtown Sofia, as well as in the city's Business Park, dnevnik.bg informs.
The market is expected to be inaugurated by German Ambassador to Bulgaria Mathias Hoepfner.
Sofianites have been promised mulled wine, delicacies and a number of entertaining activities.
The Weihnachtsmarkt will remain opened until December 22.
- » Bulgarian Composer Dobrinka Tabakova Nominated for Grammy Awards 2014
- » Bulgaria's Fishermen, Bankers Honor St Nikolas
- » Bulgaria's History Museum with Free Admission for Christmas
- » US Foundation Launches 9th Sofia Student Film Fest
- » Legendary Aerosmith to Rock Sofia in May
- » Top Bulgarian Landmark Honors Patron Saint
Bulgaria has no traditions of their own? And have to even import Christmas market idea from abroad? Absolutely absurd. As much as we love Germany (they are hard working good people which are example for Bulgarians to follow), we should be finding traditions with ourselves.