3 Die in Suspected Arson in Bulgaria's Coastal Sozopol
Three people have died in a fire in the old town of Sozopol, on Bulgaria's Black Sea coast, which erupted in their wooden house and burned it down.
The victims are 51-year-old Diana Georgieva and her elderly parents - aged 77 and 81.
Only one man escaped the fatal flames – Diana's husband Georgi - who jumped from the second floor of the house, but is now in a state of shock.
Diana's mother was bedridden after suffering a stroke. The two sons of the family were not at home when the fire erupted.
Fire-fighters responded immediately to the fire tip-off, which was received close to midnight, but their battle with the flames continued until after 3 am.
Police does not rule out a deliberate arson.
- » 'Out of Ukraine' Flashmob Held in front of Russian Embassy in Sofia
- » 11-Year-Old Boy Dies in House Explosion in Bulgaria's Sevlievo
- » Seven Women Die in EU Each Day Due to Domestic Violence
- » Men in High Heels March in Bulgaria's Sofia Against Gender Violence
- » Rallies In Support of Russia To Be Held in Bulgaria
- » Butterflies in Bulgaria's Parliament Part Of Reality Show