3 Die in Suspected Arson in Bulgaria's Coastal Sozopol
Three people have died in a fire in the old town of Sozopol, on Bulgaria's Black Sea coast, which erupted in their wooden house and burned it down.
The victims are 51-year-old Diana Georgieva and her elderly parents - aged 77 and 81.
Only one man escaped the fatal flames – Diana's husband Georgi - who jumped from the second floor of the house, but is now in a state of shock.
Diana's mother was bedridden after suffering a stroke. The two sons of the family were not at home when the fire erupted.
Fire-fighters responded immediately to the fire tip-off, which was received close to midnight, but their battle with the flames continued until after 3 am.
Police does not rule out a deliberate arson.
- » British Boy in Severe Condition after Jacuzzi Incident in Bulgaria
- » Oscars 2017: Moonlight Gets Best Picture Award after La La Land Read Out by Mistake
- » Oscars 2017: Piper Wins Animated Short Film Contest
- » Water Supply to Be Cut in Some Sofia Neighborhoods on Monday
- » March to Begin with Spring-Like Temperatures after Cold Snap
- » Bulgaria's Public Radio Brings Contemporary Music Back on Air