Bulgarian Holy Synod to Discuss Choice of Interim Patriarch
The Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church will gather on Wednesday to discuss the objections against the recent appointment of Varna Bishop Kiril as interim Patriarch.
On November 10, Kiril received support from 7 of the 12 attending metropolitans in a secret vote, making him the interim head of the Church. He is now also serving as interim Sofia metropolitan bishop.
Bulgaria's Patriarch Maxim, who had led the Church since 1971, passed away last week at the age of 98.
- » FRONTEX Head Warns of New Migrant Arrivals via Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria Mulls Tightening Restrictions in Migrant Centers
- » Romanian National Rescued after Getting Lost Near Bulgaria's Vladaya
- » Mass Brawl in Bulgarian Migrant Center Leaves 3 Injured
- » Sofia Northern Bypass to Remain Closed until Friday
- » Extreme Risk of Fire in Bulgaria's Haskovo Throughout Monday