Bulgarian Holy Synod to Discuss Choice of Interim Patriarch
The Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church will gather on Wednesday to discuss the objections against the recent appointment of Varna Bishop Kiril as interim Patriarch.
On November 10, Kiril received support from 7 of the 12 attending metropolitans in a secret vote, making him the interim head of the Church. He is now also serving as interim Sofia metropolitan bishop.
Bulgaria's Patriarch Maxim, who had led the Church since 1971, passed away last week at the age of 98.
- » Sofia Airport: No Bomb Found after Security Check, Bulgaria PM 'Furious'
- » Sofia Airport Terminal 1 Evacuated over Suspected Bomb Threat
- » Christmas Tree Lights in Sofia to be Illuminated on Tuesday
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv Hosts Documentary, Animation Film Festival
- » Bulgarian President – Fighting Climate Change Could Have Economic Benefits
- » Bulgaria Confirms Participation in 2016 Eurovision Song Contest