Bulgarian Holy Synod to Discuss Choice of Interim Patriarch
The Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church will gather on Wednesday to discuss the objections against the recent appointment of Varna Bishop Kiril as interim Patriarch.
On November 10, Kiril received support from 7 of the 12 attending metropolitans in a secret vote, making him the interim head of the Church. He is now also serving as interim Sofia metropolitan bishop.
Bulgaria's Patriarch Maxim, who had led the Church since 1971, passed away last week at the age of 98.
- » Bulgaria Switches Back to Daylight Saving Time on Sunday Morning
- » Orthodox Bulgaria Celebrates Annunciation
- » Earth Hour Campaign Will be Marked For The 10th Time
- » Urban Saints - an Exhibition by Stefan Vasilev
- » Embassy Of Azerbaijan Celebrates Spring with Music Concert Held at The Central Military Club
- » Economist Intelligence Unit: Singapore Most Expensive City Worldwide