Bulgarian Holy Synod to Discuss Choice of Interim Patriarch
The Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church will gather on Wednesday to discuss the objections against the recent appointment of Varna Bishop Kiril as interim Patriarch.
On November 10, Kiril received support from 7 of the 12 attending metropolitans in a secret vote, making him the interim head of the Church. He is now also serving as interim Sofia metropolitan bishop.
Bulgaria's Patriarch Maxim, who had led the Church since 1971, passed away last week at the age of 98.
- » Fresh Snow Catches Bulgaria Off-Guard
- » Greece Halts Trucks from Bulgaria over Bad Weather
- » Code Yellow in Most of Bulgaria over Snow, Road Ice
- » Bulgaria's Handover of Gulenist to Turkey 'Unlawful' - Amnesty
- » Bulgaria's Weather Service Warns of Snow in Most of Country Wednesday
- » Snow, Wind Warning Issued across Bulgaria