Bulgarian Holy Synod to Discuss Choice of Interim Patriarch
The Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church will gather on Wednesday to discuss the objections against the recent appointment of Varna Bishop Kiril as interim Patriarch.
On November 10, Kiril received support from 7 of the 12 attending metropolitans in a secret vote, making him the interim head of the Church. He is now also serving as interim Sofia metropolitan bishop.
Bulgaria's Patriarch Maxim, who had led the Church since 1971, passed away last week at the age of 98.
- » Anti-Discrimination Protest to Be Held in Sofia over 'Racist Remarks' of Gov't
- » Cyprus Returns Smuggled Jewellery Items to Bulgaria
- » Maglizh Ammo Plant Blast Caused by Breakdown - Interior Ministry
- » Bulgarian Ammo Plant Blast Leaves 1 Dead, 3 Wounded, Officials Confirm
- » Bulgarian MPs Pass BGN 3 B Healthcare Budget
- » Protesters Demand Resignation of Bulgaria's Finance Minister