Bulgarian Holy Synod to Discuss Choice of Interim Patriarch
The Holy Synod of the Bulgarian Orthodox Church will gather on Wednesday to discuss the objections against the recent appointment of Varna Bishop Kiril as interim Patriarch.
On November 10, Kiril received support from 7 of the 12 attending metropolitans in a secret vote, making him the interim head of the Church. He is now also serving as interim Sofia metropolitan bishop.
Bulgaria's Patriarch Maxim, who had led the Church since 1971, passed away last week at the age of 98.
- » Landslides Hamper Access to Bulgarian Resort in Rhodope Mountains
- » More Tickets Released Prior to The Godfather Screening
- » Bulgarian PR Expert Maxim Behar Elected Co-Chair of Davos Forum
- » Bulgarian Health Minister Foresees Possible Decrease in Number of Hospitals
- » Bulgarian Student 'Opens Fire, Wounds 4' in Odessa
- » Bulgaria's Plovdiv to Host Prestigious Wine Contest in 2016