Bulgaria's Pensioners Could Get Christmas Bonuses - FinMin
Bulgarian pensioners could get bonuses for Christmas if the state budget performance for November is positive, stated Bulgarian Minister of Finance Simeon Djankov.
"We are not populists and we won't be making any blind promises, so we have to see the budget performance for November," said Djankov.
The Bulgarian Minister of Finance added that cabinet, led by PM Boyko Borisov, continues to substribe for balanced spending.
"We are not spendings the way cabinets before us did, because we hope to serve another term in office after elections in 2013," explained Djankov.
"We finished September with a budget surplus for the first time since 2008. October was also good, so let's wait and see November," added he.
Djankov however stated that Christmas bonuses for civil servants and others employed on budget salaries are out of the question.
- » Merger of Revenue, Customs Agency Not on Agenda of Caretaker Govt
- » Bulgaria's Central Bank Holds Meeting on KTB Recovery
- » Bulgaria's Ombudsman Predicts 'Avalanche Of Lawsuits' Regarding KTB
- » Bulgaria’s End-August Gross Foreign Debt Rises 2.2% Y/Y
- » KTB Directors: BNB Report Is 'A Lampoon'
- » Deposits In Bulgaria's Banks Up BGN 531 M In September