Bulgarian Rapper to Be Interrogated over Anti-Govt Song
Bulgarian rapper Serafim Martinov aka Sarafa is to be interrogated by the country's National Investigation Services over song lyrics, local media have informed.
The song "White, Green and Red" by Big Sha ft Sarafa, Xplicit & Konsa has drawn the attention of local authorities, as they presumably believe it is degrading the Bulgarian national flag.
The colors white, green and red, representing the horizontally striped national flag of the Balkan country, are associated with cocaine, marijuana and menstrual blood in the song.
As local pundits have pointed out, the song also contains criticism towards the ruling GERB party of Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
"I don't trust GERB, but I strongly trust the coat of arms," the lyrics go, referring to the national coat of arms. The abbreviation GERB is pronounced the same as "coat of arms" in Bulgarian.
Big Sha has already been questioned regarding the song.
"Both Kostov and Borisov turned out to be fraudsters," Sarafa raps in another song, referring to Boyko Borisov and former PM Ivan Kostov (1997-2001).
- » Unknown Man Attacked People in a Polish Store with a Knife, 1 Dead and 9 Injured
- » Over 200 000 Bulgarian Children Live Abroad
- » Theodore Ushev Received the Order "Chevalier of Arts and Culture" of France
- » Five Brands of Butter on the Bulgarian Market Have Violations in Their Composition (Picture)
- » From 2019, Bulgaria will Vote Electronically in all Elections
- » The Municipality of Sofia will Plant a Forest near Suhodol
Bulgaria is part of the EU where freedom of expression is a citizens right, this includes freedom from harassment by authorities. If anyone is offended by this song (and I can appreciate some will be) they are free to say so in public just as the Muslim world has been doing over the Utube video (but without the violence). Taking this action only gives national (and international) publicity to this song, leave it alone and it will fade into obscurity, particularly if the radio stations refuse to play it.