Estonia to Close Embassy in Bulgaria by End-2012
The Estonian Embassy in Sofia, Bulgaria, will be shut down by the end of this year due to lack of interest in business and trade relations between the two countries, the foreign ministry has decided.
The cancellation of contracts and staff reduction will gradually take place over the course of this year.
There are some 50 Estonians residing in Bulgaria, whose needs will be covered by an honorary consul in Sofia.
Estonia's embassy in Bulgaria was opened in 2007, while Bulgaria's embassy in Estonia was closed in November 2011 due to budget cuts.
The current Estonian Ambassador to Bulgaria Toomas Kukk presented his credentials to President Georgi Parvanov in October 2011.
- » China Vows to Rebuild and Strengthen Trade Ties with Bulgaria
- » The Macedonian Church Backed the Friendship Agreement between Sofia and Skopje
- » Uzbekistan Opens Market for Bulgarian Foods
- » South Korea will Send Humanitarian Aid to North Korea
- » The Swiss Municipality of Lausanne Helps the Bulgarian City of Pernik
- » Boyko Borisov Welcomed Polish Prime Minister Beata Szydlo