Bulgaria Residential Property Prices Down by 26% in Q4 y/y
Prices of residential property in Bulgaria declined by an average of 1,9% in the last quarter of 2009 compared to the previous, data from the statistics office shows. The decrease on an annual basis is 26,3%.
According to the National Statistical Institute, the average price of one square meter of residential property in Bulgaria in the last quarter of 2009 was BGN 1 001,72.
Residential property prices are found to be the highest in the Black Sea city of Varna – BGN 1686,17 per square meter, followed by the capital Sofia BGN 1585,17 and the Black Sea city of Burgas – BGN 1360,33.
In the last quarter of 2009, the residential property prices in Sofia dropped by 3,4% compared to the third quarter of 2009. The highest decreases are registered in the northern towns of Pleven (6,4%) and Russe (5,6%), as well as the second-biggest town of Plovdiv (5,7%).
- » Sofia Apartment Prices, Sales Volumes Increase – Bulgarian Properties
- » Sofia Apartments Yield 5.4% Average Rental Return – Real Estate Agency
- » Vitosha Blvd in Bulgaria’s Sofia Ranks World's 54th Most Expensive Retail Location
- » Building Permits, Construction Starts Increase in Bulgaria in Q3
- » Bulgaria’s Sofia Property Prices Rise 6% Y/Y in Jan-Sept – Report
- » Bulgaria 'Great Country for Rest and Stay' - Russian Website