11-Year-Old Girl Gives Birth in Bulgaria's Sliven
An 11-year-old girl gave birth to a healthy baby girl in the southeast Bulgarian city of Sliven Thursday night.
The news has been confirmed by the head of the maternity ward in the Sliven Hospital, Dr. Sonya Mihaylova, who also said the youngest mothers the ward had seen earlier were aged 12.
The baby of the 11-year-old mother weighs 2,5 kg. The father is 19. The young mother’s parents are in Spain. The young “family” is taken care of by the father’s mother.
The young mother came in at about 9:30 pm, gave birth in one hour, and wanted to leave because her “wedding was the same night”, in the words of Dr. Mihaylova.
“There is no one from her family, there is no one we could talk to, her parents are in Spain, and no one can make decisions for her without their agreement,” said Dr. Mihaylova, as quoted by BGNES, while refusing to discharge the girl and her baby before making sure they are totally fine. The hospital has alerted the Child Protection Agency about the case.
- » Nationalists Attack Ukrainian Anti-Night Wolves Demo in Bulgaria's Burgas
- » Rainfall, Winds Expected in Bulgaria on Wednesday
- » Search Team Finds Dead Body of Missing Young Man in Bulgaria’s Maritsa River
- » Bulgarian Cabinet Provides BGN 26 M to Municipalities for Education
- » Body of Girl Found Nearly Month After She Went Missing in Danube River Near Bulgaria's Silistra
- » Man Dies After Pursuit with Police in Bulgaria's Plovdiv
The baby looks very black. Ethnic Bulgarian babies are not that black. And another thing--only gypsies and Muslims have babies at the ripe old age of 11 or 12. Most ethnic Bulgarians didn't even get their period by the age of 11. It is a natural phenomenon that the less evolved races mature and breed at a younger age than the more evolved ones. It is the same tendency that weeds have to multiply faster than desirable garden variety plants. The universe has a natural tendency to entropy and chaos. Weeds grow better than good plants, gypsies breed earlier and more than Bulgarians.