Bulgaria Sends New Unit to Iraq
"The troops are already preparing for their mission in Iraq," Minister Vesselin Bliznakov said during his visit in Plovdiv.
Bulgaria will send the new guarding unit after the current mission comes to an end on 31 March 2007.
Bulgaria's non-combat unit is 154-strong and guards the Ashraf refugee camp, located 60 km north of Baghdad.
At the end of December the United States sent an invitation for extending the term of the mission from the end of March 2007 till the end of the year.
Bulgaria's government and parliament are expected to discuss and adopt a resolution to this effect.
- » Bulgarian President Plevneliev Calls for Cooperation on the Balkans
- » Bulgaria's Varna Hosts International Naval Exercise Breeze 2015
- » Bulgaria to Complete Fence at Border with Turkey by End of Year
- » Bulgaria MPs Pass Bill Allowing Expats to Vote in Referendums
- » Nationalist Alliance Patriotic Front to Keep Supporting Bulgaria’s Government
- » Bulgaria Needs to Focus Efforts on Completing Motorway Ring – Minister