Bulgaria's GERB Party: EC Report Will Draw Attention to Bulgaria
Bulgarian GERB party views EC report on Bulgaria as an overall assessment of the situation in the country, rather than just of the Socialist-endorsed Cabinet of PM Oresharski.
"The report must not be taken narrow-mindedly. We accept all remarks regarding our cabinet," Tomislav Donchev of center-right party GERB said at a brifing following EC Cooperation and Verification Mechanism (CVM) report on Wednesday.
"The report will surely draw attention to Bulgaria and further EU funds assimilation will be scrutinized," Donchev commented.
"It is alarming that this year's EC report on Bulgaria is the first to show certain weariness, even desperation," Donchev added.
GERB MPs claimed they have learned from their mistakes even before the EC report pointed them out.
- » 15 Parties, 6 Coalitions, 6 Independent Candidates Run in EU Elections
- » 50 Bulgarian Municipalities Face Bankruptcy over Financial Corrections
- » MEPs Oppose South Stream, Seek Sanctions against Russian Energy Firms
- » EC Rejects Suspending Rural Development Payments to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria "Could Remain EU's Poorest Country Even after 2020"
- » MEPs Seek Mandatory "Made-in" Labeling to Boost Product Safety