Bulgarians to Hold 1st Anti-Cabinet Rally for 2014
Bulgarian citizens have called a protest rally against the cabinet of PM Plamen Oresharski for 6 pm Friday in capital Sofia.
This is the first protest for 2014 of a string of rallies that started on June 14 after the appointment of a controversial media mogul for head of Bulgaria's national security agency.
Although the appointment was swiftly retracted, protests lingered and grew, calling for an end to the alleged influence of mafia on Bulgarian politics, and the resignation of the new Oresharski cabinet.
Protests dwindled over the summer and fall, but gained new strength with the October-November 2013 occupation of Sofia University.
Friday Bulgarians working abroad are calling all fellow citizens to join them in the rally, which will assemble in front of the Bulgarian National Bank in downtown Sofia.
Dubbed "Second protest before leaving," the rally once more will call for resignation and for immediate further steps to heal Bulgarian politics.
- » Filmmaker to Set Up Party on Bulgaria's Independence Day
- » PACE Delegation Arrives on Pre-Electoral Visit to Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria's Interior Ministry Headcount May Increase by 1700
- » Gov't Grants BGN 28 M to Municipalities with Assets in KTB
- » Turkey’s Chief Prosecutor to Arrive in Bulgaria on 3-Day Visit
- » Bulgaria’s Caretaker Govt Suspends Investment Program of Socialist-Led Cabinet
These protestors are facists.
They want the elected Government to resign - what garbage.
And they don't offer an alternative because they are too stupid, drunk or high on drugs to create an alternative view.
Bulgaria has to have a Government so this Government resigning would be undemocratic and it would be cowardly to give into these stupid facist protestors.