EP to Discuss Rule of Law in Bulgaria
Member of the European Parliament will debate freedom and the rule of law in Bulgaria with the Council Presidency and Commissioner Connie Hedegaard on Wednesday afternoon.
The discussion is to focus on the assault on Ahmed Dogan, leader of Bulgaria's Movement for Rights and Freedoms party, who was attacked with a gas pistol last month.
January 31 was the deadline to approve or reject the debate request of the Group of the Alliance of Liberals and Democrats for Europe, ALDE, and its Chair, Guy Verhofstadt. The request was supported by the group of the Socialists.
Earlier in January, Verhofstadt announced the request was related to the "Dogan incident."
The EPP group condemned the attack on the honorary, lifetime leader of Bulgaria's ethnic Turkish party Movement for Rights and Freedoms (DPS), Ahmed Dogan, but stressed the incident should not be politicized.
Ahmed Dogan, founder and leader of the ethnic Turkish DPS party ("Movement for Rights and Freedoms"), was the target of a gas pistol attack right on the floor of a party conference on Saturday by 25-year-old Oktay Enimehmedov, also a Bulgarian citizen from ethnic Turkish origin. No shots were fired. Enimehmedov was lynched by DPS delegates after the attack.
- » Bulgaria will Lose BGN 70 Million from the EU for Education and Science
- » The President Rumen Radev to Meet the Vice-President of the European Commission
- » The Minister of Transport and Information Technologies to Work for 5G Mobile Network in Bulgaria
- » Maria Gabriel: 'No One in Brussels Knows About the Scandal in Relation to NDK'
- » It is Expected Italy to Confirm its Position About Accepting Bulgaria in Schengen
- » Bulgarian Leaders to Take Place in a Trilateral Summit in Thessaloniki
"EP": "Epilepsia Perpetuum" (*), (**):
(*)Epilepsia (english:"Epilepsy") is a common and diverse set of chronic neurological disorders...In many cases a cause cannot be identified; however, factors that are associated include brain trauma, strokes, brain cancer, and drug and alcohol misuse among others.
(**)Epilepsia Perpetuum (english: "EP") is a permanent disorder
accompanied by all the above factors [see (*)], but with the special
emphasis on seizures which arise from the frontal lobes and consist of complex motor movements, such as hand clenching, arm raising/lowering, and knee bending. Vocalizations such as shouting, moaning, or crying are also common..............EP, in brief.