Type of Gun Identified in Assault against Bulgaria's Dogan
Bulgarian police have identified the gun used in the attack against Movement for Rights and Freedom leader Ahmed Dogan as Turkish-made 9mm gas pistol Ekol Volga.
Police in Bulgaria detained a man after he pointed a gun at Dogan as he was delivering a speech in the capital Sofia. No shots were fired. The man was identified as Oktay Enimemehmedov, a 25-year-old ethnic Turkish resident of the city of Burgas, with a previous criminal record for assault and theft.
According to Dnevnik.bg, local experts have stated that Ekol Volga is a non-lethal self-defense weapon that can also be used in shooting practice.
An Ekol Volga gas pistol can be bought in Bulgaria for approximately BGN 40.
In Saturday's incident, the attacker failed to shoot at Dogan, although he pointed the gun right at his face.
- » Bulgarian Woman was Brutally Murdered in Poland, she was Stabbed 16 Times with a Knife
- » BHC: A Woman is Killed every Two Weeks in Bulgaria
- » A Man from Byala hid his Mother's Dead Body for 3 Years and was Taking her Pension
- » Ambulance in Plovdiv was Stolen
- » Nearly 100 000 Leva are Stolen from an ATM in Pleven
- » 10 Officials of Automobile Administration Agency Detained over Corruption