Shooting at Californian School
A gunman has shot two people at a high school in California, police have said.
One victim suffered a "major injury" and was taken to hospital in an air ambulance, officers said.
The other victim suffered a "minor injury" in the shooting at Taft Union High School, about 80 miles (120km) north of Los Angeles, they added.
A city official said the incident occurred shortly after 09:00 local time (17:00 GMT). Police say the gunman has been taken into custody.
Deputies from the local sheriff''s office and officials are conducting a search of the school and its grounds to make sure no one else has been involved and all other students are safe.
- » EU Considers Sanctions Against the US Because Of Surveillance
- » Ukrainian PM to Meet Obama at White House
- » New Public Sector Strike in Greece Calls for End to Austerity
- » Last Communication of Disappeared Malayisian Plane Revealed
- » G7 Warns Russia Over Efforts to Annex Crimea
- » Bulgarian Nationalists to Be Among Observers of Crimea Referendum