Shooting at Californian School
A gunman has shot two people at a high school in California, police have said.
One victim suffered a "major injury" and was taken to hospital in an air ambulance, officers said.
The other victim suffered a "minor injury" in the shooting at Taft Union High School, about 80 miles (120km) north of Los Angeles, they added.
A city official said the incident occurred shortly after 09:00 local time (17:00 GMT). Police say the gunman has been taken into custody.
Deputies from the local sheriff''s office and officials are conducting a search of the school and its grounds to make sure no one else has been involved and all other students are safe.
- » Protesters in Kiev Topple Lenin Monument
- » Ukraine's Security Service to Investigate Attempts at Coup'd Etat
- » Protesters in Kiev Build Barricade in front of Govt HQ
- » Czech PM 'Dreads' Attending Mandela's Funeral
- » South Africa Holds Day of Prayer for Late Mandela
- » Kiev Braces for Huge Pro-EU Protest Sunday