Shooting at Californian School
A gunman has shot two people at a high school in California, police have said.
One victim suffered a "major injury" and was taken to hospital in an air ambulance, officers said.
The other victim suffered a "minor injury" in the shooting at Taft Union High School, about 80 miles (120km) north of Los Angeles, they added.
A city official said the incident occurred shortly after 09:00 local time (17:00 GMT). Police say the gunman has been taken into custody.
Deputies from the local sheriff''s office and officials are conducting a search of the school and its grounds to make sure no one else has been involved and all other students are safe.
- » Desecrated Bulgarian Memorial Plaque 'Was Illegal', Skopje Says
- » Macedonia's PM 'Promised to React' on Bulgarian Monument Desecration
- » Turkey Raises Concerns over US Arming of Syrian Kurds
- » EU Council Head Calls for Stricter External Border Control
- » EIB OKs EUR 7.3 B for Investment in Europe
- » New Quake Hits Romania's Vrancea