Shooting at Californian School
A gunman has shot two people at a high school in California, police have said.
One victim suffered a "major injury" and was taken to hospital in an air ambulance, officers said.
The other victim suffered a "minor injury" in the shooting at Taft Union High School, about 80 miles (120km) north of Los Angeles, they added.
A city official said the incident occurred shortly after 09:00 local time (17:00 GMT). Police say the gunman has been taken into custody.
Deputies from the local sheriff''s office and officials are conducting a search of the school and its grounds to make sure no one else has been involved and all other students are safe.
- » EU States Agree to Put Off End to Mobile Roaming Charges Until 2018
- » Juncker, Merkel Play Down Talk of Third Greek Bailout
- » Probe into Nemtsov Murder Pursuing Several Lines of Inquiry
- » PepsiCo and Coca Cola to Close Production Facilities in Russia
- » Hungary to Classify Paks NPP Expansion Deal for 30 Years
- » Majority of Russians Oppose Military Action in Donbass