Shooting at Californian School
A gunman has shot two people at a high school in California, police have said.
One victim suffered a "major injury" and was taken to hospital in an air ambulance, officers said.
The other victim suffered a "minor injury" in the shooting at Taft Union High School, about 80 miles (120km) north of Los Angeles, they added.
A city official said the incident occurred shortly after 09:00 local time (17:00 GMT). Police say the gunman has been taken into custody.
Deputies from the local sheriff''s office and officials are conducting a search of the school and its grounds to make sure no one else has been involved and all other students are safe.
- » Train Hits Migrants in Macedonia, Kills Fourteen
- » Armenia Commemorates Centenary of Mass Ottoman Killings
- » UKIP's Farage 'Prefers Indians, Austrialians' to Eastern Europeans
- » EU to Triple Funding for Search, Rescue Operations in Mediterranean
- » Bulgaria, Romania to Hold Joint Cabinet Session
- » Merkel, Tsipras Discuss Greek Debt in Brussels