Sofia Mall Closed over Bomb Threat Yet Again
The series of anonymous bomb threats targeting shopping center buildings in Bulgaria's Sofia continued on Friday, with the Serdika Center Mall being the latest victim.
The shopping center has been evacuated, local media inform.
This is the fourth time the Serdika Center Mall has been closed over a bomb threat in just three weeks.
On Thursday evening, a bomb threat necessitated the evacuation of The Mall shopping center in Sofia.
Earlier on Thursday, bomb threats also closed down a courthouse in Sofia and two more in Varna.
Another shopping center in Sofia, the Mall of Sofia, was evacuated over a bomb threat several days ago.
Recently, there has been an increased number of bomb threats for shopping centers, courts and schools in Sofia.
- » Prosecuting Authority Resubmits Indictment against ex-Deputy Parliament Speaker Hristo Biserov
- » Austrian Police Find 42 Migrants Crammed into Bulgarian-registered Van
- » Head of Bulgaria’s National Science Fund Arrested on Suspicion of Murder
- » Bulgarian Prosecutors Extend Deadline for Investigation of 2012 Burgas Bus Bombing
- » Anti-Mafia Unit of Bulgaria’s Interior Ministry Neutralized 17 Crime Groups since February 24
- » Bulgaria Detains Syrian, Afghan Citizens Citing Security Threat